notorius taillight water leak

for some time now my teggy has been suffering with the notorious taillight water leak but i do not know of how to fix it. i was wondering if anyone who has dealt with it or knows how to fix it could let me come over and lend me a hand? i can supply whatever is needed but i have no idea how to fix it. also my one of my tail lights are busted so may need a hand with that too haha. im pretty new to fixing up my car

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Taillight gasket, or u got a crack on ur tailights, just a few bolt to get to the gasket, where u located

reservoir, in the northern melbourne suburbs. i can travel down to sydenham if i could get some help. john lay by any chance? seen you from drift sales haha
    Last edited by The_Dream; 19-12-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dream View Post
    reservoir, in the northern melbourne suburbs. i can travel down to sydenham if i could get some help. john lay by any chance? seen you from drift sales haha
    Yeah mate, message me on fb

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Prob taillight gasket, call up honda for a replacement or check ebay. My old ek had same problem
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Replace gasket, or you can use old wetsuit material to make your own.

Also you can drill a tiny hole in the bottom of your taillight to help the water drain out.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    33503-st7-a01 is the part number, and you'll need to purchase 2.

simple job if you have screwdrivers and wrenches
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    You should purchase the genuine gasket from a Honda dealer, they are only about $30 each and they come with a sticky side to help seal up. You need a left and right gasket as they are not interchangable.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    You should purchase the genuine gasket from a Honda dealer, they are only about $30 each and they come with a sticky side to help seal up. You need a left and right gasket as they are not interchangable.
    I purchased seals from the US (OEM Honda) and they didn't have any sticky sides. Both sides were the same, I just had to flip them inside out.
    So far it's worked?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

I removed the original tail lights and then took the old gaskets to clark rubber and got them to cut me a piece of foam. Cost me $25 dollars. Got home and trace and replace the old gasket.