Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
The car it came out of was most likely a Euro sedan luxury model because it didn't have the "Vigor" name across the back in a garnish between the tail lights (saw one of those in a wrecker). They were introduced there in '87, although the Vigor with B20a was in Japan since that model's inception. It was reputedly an '86 model (build date plate was missing unfortunately). From what I read on that German website, the Euro's came with fixed H/lights, but the JDM's had the pop-ups. This one had the pop-ups but as I said, no Vigor garnish. Maybe an early trial shipment. It never ceases to amaze me the plethora of models and short run models with every engine/trans/trim variation produced by Honda. Other makers have tried and it's sent them broke, but not Honda. Came across a JDM CRX EF7? with ZC DOHC automatic the other day, most of the auto's seen here are twin carb.

Upgrading from carby to EFI is not something to take on lightly. Fuel system has a return line, not sure if the pump can be fitted into the tank, then there's the wiring and ECU.
Hm. Odd. All euro Aerodecks have pop-ups. I have seen a few sedans with pop-ups too, but you're right - primarily fixed.

That's really odd. Maybe you're right. Who knows. Without papers I guess it's a complete mystery. Haha

Yes, you're right. I've even been given information by a chap in NZ who has both the B18A and B20A (they got both pop-up and fixed funnily enough. But how could they not given their import laws) and he's actually swapped the b20 head onto the b18a. he said it was remarkable difference but obviously because of the fuel delivery system change it really wasn't worth it. Especially since I was in Australia where we got the bottom run of everything

My friend has built an amazing carby late 80s ed. He has inspired me to build the b18a into a beast. hard work, but hopefully it'll all begin with the manual swap.