Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    This reminds me of my old CA Accord.

Polar White Sedan.
    The A20A4 engine.
    It was all bullet proof.
    Yep. This is the 3dr wagon version of the CA Accord. Everything from the dash to the front bumper is an exact copy. The doors however were lengthened to provide more room and the obvious difference with the gull wing hatch on the rear.

I learned the other night (from reading :P Not from trying it) that if you take the head rest out of the front seat, move them all the way forward and recline the seat it turns into a single bed - that's how much room there is.

I had a CA hatch for quite a few years, still think it was one of the best balanced and handling stockers that Honda has made.

I was a P plater when i had my Accord.

Cost me $3000 and being a P plater to got the P Plate Abuse given to it.
    Was delivering pizzas and was on the final delivery and heading back so instead of slowing down for the speed humps i kept going at the speed limit, would have gotten some air as the landing was a hard assed bang, car just on working
    22 year old suspension and it handled the impact like it was nothing.

Dont drive like that no more as i am over that phase of driving like a loon on public roads.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    I had a CA hatch for quite a few years, still think it was one of the best balanced and handling stockers that Honda has made.
    Yep. They're definitely a cool car. I haven't driven the Aerodeck yet (only in the driveway) but when I do I can't wait to see how it handles. It only weighs 1000kg too. So I'm excited to see what some strut bars and sway bars can do. (If I have luck sourcing them of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    I was a P plater when i had my Accord.

Cost me $3000 and being a P plater to got the P Plate Abuse given to it.
    Was delivering pizzas and was on the final delivery and heading back so instead of slowing down for the speed humps i kept going at the speed limit, would have gotten some air as the landing was a hard assed bang, car just on working
    22 year old suspension and it handled the impact like it was nothing.

Dont drive like that no more as i am over that phase of driving like a loon on public roads.
    Wow. That's not bad for such an old car.

The first Honda I bought was CA sedan with the B20A DOHC 160hp engine (Vigour model in Japan but also sold in Europe as an Accord 2.0Si) that had hit a lamp post on the left front. Having repaired other cars by the cable around another post (shhhh!) and driving smartly backward method, I thought I could straighten the chassis on this one out. Fat chance! Didn't move a much more than a couple of mm.

A source for parts for yours as an alternative to Japan could be NZ. Hondas were popular imports in the 90's when the NZ Govt scrapped local car assembly and opened it up to used imports. Yours might even have been brought over from there, I saw a guy just a few months ago with a Gen3 Prelude at our local supermarket, it had the single cam engine in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    The first Honda I bought was CA sedan with the B20A DOHC 160hp engine (Vigour model in Japan but also sold in Europe as an Accord 2.0Si) that had hit a lamp post on the left front. Having repaired other cars by the cable around another post (shhhh!) and driving smartly backward method, I thought I could straighten the chassis on this one out. Fat chance! Didn't move a much more than a couple of mm.
    I was considering doing this for my CD Accord as the radiator support and a lot of the front has been severely bent by previous owners. My dad talked me out of it and said it wouldn't do anything.

A source for parts for yours as an alternative to Japan could be NZ. Hondas were popular imports in the 90's when the NZ Govt scrapped local car assembly and opened it up to used imports. Yours might even have been brought over from there, I saw a guy just a few months ago with a Gen3 Prelude at our local supermarket, it had the single cam engine in it.
    Yeah, I have a found a few people who deal in JDM options in NZ and unfortunately they have never seen an Aerodeck in their country. (Which makes sense considering the Aerodeck was only ever sold in Europe and Japan). Unfortunately I have no friends in Japan, but I have come into contact with another Aerodeck owner who lives in Europe and he has agreed to help me look for parts, although he says chances are slim to find a wrecked Aerodeck. He hasn't seen on in months now. :/

Yes the radiator supports are a weak point, unlike the side rails. I've straightened not too badly bent front frames with a 2mtr length of chain bolted to a handy bolt and wrapped around the head of a 14lb mallet. Because the h/light frames are so light they do buckle up badly. Whenever I go to Boss Wreckers in Brisbane, there's usually at least one Honda that's had that front panel cut off it.

I did fix up a CB Aerodeck (built in the US, imported by HondaAU) that had a bit of bonnet and front bumper damage, couldn't find another bumper anywhere (although it looked like the AUD version it was longer (stuck out more) and had different bump strip mouldings and indicators), so I managed to straighten most of the damage with a hot air gun and repaired the splits with aluminium plate riveted in and fibreglass.

When I had my CA hatch (carburetted)there were quite a few around, always was after a PGM-EFI model, but were either too far away, or was beaten to them. Haven't seen any CA's for quite a few years. Just a thought, your doors are probably the same as the hatchback, watch for rust in the roof above the "B" pillar, quite common on the H/backs.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Hey guys, here's a bit of an update.

I managed to scrape the crust off around the thermostat housing and put a new thermostat in.
    I've bought replacement front pads and discs as well as ordered some rear drums and shoes earlier today.
    I also bought some black caliper paint. I plan on painting the side of the discs and also the hats of the discs and drums so they don't rust.
    Today my parking pole came in which I'm most pleased about. Pole, wiring, button and mount. I also made a short video of how it works.

Apart from that nothing else has changed. I did do some minor cleaning around the block and thermostat area (getting a lot of the gunge off) but unfortunately I have plenty more left.
    I also found some more rust. However, I'm so close to getting it registered, I can taste it!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    That's so ****in kewl
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Over the last week I have been tackling the brakes and I'm pretty much there. Only have to bleed the brakes and replace a few screws I may have shredded. :P

So I replaced the old discs, pads, shoes and drums and surprisingly ATP (who supplies our brakes at Repco) managed to sort me out in less than 5 minutes with the correct part numbers and parts. So I got them home, I painted the drums black (to ensure they wouldn't rust like the old ones), I also painted the hats on the discs and the sides of the discs (so they wouldn't rust). As I took off the old parts I also took the time to wire wheel off all the rust on the dust covers for the pads and the calipers. I painted them afterwards to make sure they wouldn't rust again. I also took advantage of everything being off and sanded and painted the rear dust cover of the discs so it blended a little nicer. Here are some pics. oh! and I also put some de-squeak paste on the brake pad dust cover just to make sure

There's honestly not a whole much left to do. I was talking to a couple of managers at work and they say the amount of work I'm putting in is unnecessary to get it passed inspection, but I think it's better to do the work while the car is off the road, on jack stands, as opposed to my excitement taking over and never getting around to these small details. My goal is end of march, but with uni starting up this coming week I feel it may be closer to end of april.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    yeah baby1
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    been a somewhat big week. I've started uni again so I'm pretty ****ed most days.
    but I did manage to get new tires this week (nothing special, just some cheapies to get me through till I can afford some watanabes), I bled the brakes and they're pretty on point now, I took the aero off the stands and it's now sitting on the tires, put the bumper and latch back on, and today I got out there and washed it. In 7 hours all I managed to do was wash it, clay bar it and polish the hood. Little to say I'm unhappy with my effort and wish I had more time. I still need to polish all other parts of the car as well as apply a wax. However, it was probably best I'd stopped as all my towels were dirty and need to be washed.

The good news is, my bonnet is now pretty damn shiny! it looks amazing!
    The bad news is, I started the car today. It seems to spike straight to 2,000-2,500rpm and just keep climbing and I really don't know why. It got to 3,000rpm in about 30 seconds and then I turned the car off. I turned the car back on to check if it would do it again, and it did. So I turned the car off and won't turn it on again just in case I'm causing damage somehow. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Also, here are photos of the bonnet. Need to do the roof soon too.

I'm sorry my photos are so shitty. I had to take them with my phone as I broke my DSLR lens a few weeks back and haven't had the funds available to replace it. :/ Also, there's a little section on the front of the bonnet close to the driver's side. you can see it has not come up clear like the rest, I think it's too far gone to save it. It has a very leathery feel to it. anyway, that's all for now. I was hoping to have it booked into an exhaust shop and chassis repair shop by today, but hadn't had the time. I will finish cleaning it monday and perhaps book in too (as I'm working all weekend). I might drop the car off tuesday sometime which means in a week or two it will be registered. hooray!!!