Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Heel toe technique

Hi all, still new to the technique and havent mastered it all but i was just wondering why its so easy for me to heel toe in older cars such as eg and dc2's but in ep3 and dc5's i find it impossible?
    is there a way i can make heel toe easier in a dc5? does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    new car uses electronic throttle (drive by wire), different response to older car using throttle cable

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Aren't most K20 cable? EP3R and DC5R are definitely cable. Not sure about the base models.

Drove an EP3R and revmatching/heeltoe was perfect.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Quote Originally Posted by hoaanguyen View Post
    new car uses electronic throttle (drive by wire), different response to older car using throttle cable
    Both EP3r and dc5 use conventional throttle cable to throttle body - just like "old cars".
    Your argument is invalid

OP perhaps the reason is that the k20a is a less responsive motor than some
    Previous B series ( like b16a or b18c7's) plus the extra weight of the vehicle that it comes standard in- this reduces the "feel"

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    do they perhaps have heavier flywheels?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

I'm not sure if it's just me but perhaps it's the pedals? is it possible to position the pedals so it's exactly like an eg/dc2. Cause I can effortlessly heel toe in eg and dc2s maybe shoe size matters? I'm a US 7 if that helps lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 DC5R
    The DC5 is probably one of the easiest vehicles to heel and toe in. Examine your seating position and the position of your right foot. There is a reason why the DC5 accelerator pedal runs quite long and that is to make it easier to perform such maneuver. Also, some people prefer to just slide the edge of their right foot unto the accelerator in the DC5 when braking. If you continue to have troubles with it, i'd suggest you seek some professional help through instructors and more seat time.
    Last edited by Normz; 26-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Maybe your throttle cable has to much slack in it. Try adjusting it tighter, plenty of tutorials on Google, just make sure you don't do it too tight the the butterfly stays open. When I adjusted mine the response was heaps better to it might take some time to get used to a more "touchy" pedal.

Mugen pedals help too since then accelerator has a lil part sticking out exactly for this purpose.
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I found it abit harder to get it right in my dc5, it was def easier in my old eg and em1's. But then again i always bent the pedals in the eg and em1. Dont wanna do it to a type R lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    yeah adjust the petals and maybe buy a racing shoe

Razo gas pedal

adjustable to make fatter and stick out more. easily make it sit 1 inch closer in line

dis wun goot

KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i found it easy to H-T in my EG too but the S2000 for some reason feels harder i think because the inside of the cabin is narrower feeling i feel cramped to put my foot sideways and also the pedals are deeper in it feels awkward like more of a whole body exercise to do the maneuver.

but maybe try Ball of foot and side of foot technique i find that easy in mine. also my cable is a lil loose so that definitely doesnt help.