Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
so does that mean ed9 and ef7 seats aren't interchangeable?
Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
From my experience, I believe that is the case.
Just because the seats from a CR-X don't bolt into a ED/EF Civic doesn't mean that a CR-X seat won't fit another CR-X.

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
To clarify I have an imported crx parts car, it has Aus compliance plate and firewall... so it's actual model designation and year is not clear. Lucky me...
The seats are the same as 90-91 SIR seats which I saw on a crx site, which was listing different model crx's.

I did more some research on some US forums which indicated that the 88-89 seat mounting in the civic was different to the 90-91. So if my crx is actually a 90-91 SIR it's understandable that the seats won't fit an 88-89 civic.
But it's all still full of uncertainty for me. Does anyone know if either of the US seat mount/rails variants are the same as our civic?
The seat mounting point change in the US cars was related to their use of door mounted seat belts. I haven't conclusively confirmed whether this is the case for all Australian EF/ED CR-Xs and Civics, but I have fitted the seats rails from a 1988 Australian delivered ED6 to my late '89/'90 JDM import EF2 with no problems. The mounting points on the chassis were identical (The mounting points on the underside of the seat pan were slightly different however, so I had to modify to use the JDM seat on the Australian rail.)

I'd be surprised if the CR-Xs weren't the same, in that the seat mounting points on the chassis were the same through the 87-91 model run for the Australian and Japanese models.