Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well "intake"

well "intake"

ok i here a lot og talk about these intakes in myt hicline post. Would like to know how do they work and if they are safe. i dont wanna experiment and reck the car i searched the net but what can i say cant find much info on these expect shop websites. what are the best place to go and do these lil mods. surely like has to be some sort of place where i go they fill me in of info and i make decisions.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz
    ok i here a lot og talk about these intakes in myt hicline post. Would like to know how do they work and if they are safe. i dont wanna experiment and reck the car i searched the net but what can i say cant find much info on these expect shop websites. what are the best place to go and do these lil mods. surely like has to be some sort of place where i go they fill me in of info and i make decisions.

www.fuelsaver.com.au
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

that website is good but all i see info about is itg filter and hiclone. Ill look deeper in the site.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Search on the US forums or use the search function on this web site plenty has been said already.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you want to search specifically for your Euro, go to tsx.acurazine.com. Search there (you might need to register, but it is free) for CAI(cold air intake) and short ram intake. Heaps of info there. Even more info is available if you look at RSX sites, such as www.clubrsx.com.

From what I know about K24A2 and A3 design, it is efficient at low rpms, producing respectable torque for the amount of fuel consumed. But at the higher revs, 6000-7000rpm, the large volume per cylinder results in the car not getting sufficient amount of air into the cylinder before in intake cycle is over. The vacuum created by the piston motion is not enough to fill the cylinder to 100% efficiency. So any help in the intake area, such as cold air intake (higher air density), short ram intake (slight positive pressure at high speeds), or forced induction (heaps of positive pressure) will have a relatively large increase in power compared to smaller high rev engines. It is not as bad for the exhaust cycle because the piston forces out the exhaust gases with positive pressure.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

thanks arrong, u have lost me some where in that explanation lol i do understand to some extent. Ill check those sites out.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    my simple understanding of the hyclone concept is like emptying water from a soft drink bottle.
    If you spin it round to create a whirlpool effect when you tip it over it will the water will empty out quicker than just holding the bottle upside down.
    I think this is what the hyclone is trying to do, get greater airflow by the same effect.
    My mate had a diesel van that had one standard, he thought 'what's this crap?' and took it off and but said it dropped the power noticeably and put it back on again.

it wont have any effect on my euro though. It works on old engines very well. New ones the change is very slight not noticible.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    hiclones are fine, wont do any harm. no moving parts so they wont break. great lil things

faiz there will be an effect, you can also put as many hiclones as your want. 3 or 4 or whatever. i spoke to someone that had some ridiculous amount on his commodore lol
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

hehe how many did he have :P did he notice increased performance lol

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz
    it wont have any effect on my euro though. It works on old engines very well. New ones the change is very slight not noticible.
    Mate you know very little about these to make a comment you are just going on other peoples comments get some try it and see what you think if you then think they are no goood send it back for a refund.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    hey guys.. sorry to ask..
    which cars did they come stock on?? would be cheaper buying a genric version..

thats like buying 160 piece of metal
    lolz
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants