2003 Jazz Stutter (of sorts) / Cutting Out

Hi All,

The easiest way to describe my problem is to show you some videos..

http://youtu.be/tqtNOs7mYQ0
    http://youtu.be/Y67Gk4w5JJ4
    http://youtu.be/1CjNEqvz7is

In the last video, from about the 30 second mark you will see how it just cuts out. Does this approaching lights/roundabouts, or even when doing 110km/h along the highway... Scary stuff I tell ya!!

Anyone have any idea what would cause this? I'm not sure if this is the Stutter that I have read alot about, or something different!

It has new plugs and fuel filter, haven't done the coil packs yet.. Could it be those?

Thanks in advance!!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    thats not the gearbox stutter. 110% its something different.

It shows the engine light everytime its doing that. Get the code read. Or buy a Bluetooth obd2 scanner.

Thanks. Yep, the engine light comes on everytime.

Forgot to mention that it throws no codes whatsoever. Honda had it for 2 days, and couldn't find anything wrong with it (nor would it do its thing). The videos were taken on the drive home from the dealer, and this is only some of the trip..

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    if your in syd, Im free tmr. PM me. We can hook up my scanner tool and take it for a drive and see what codes it throws. Its throwing a code reason for the engine light to come on.

Hey, thanks for the offer - but I'm up the Central Coast.

You would think it should throw codes, but it's not.. My scanner doesn't pick anything up, nor does Honda's..

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    my mums 02 jazz does a similar thing. when you are driving, at any time it can do it, its just like the key gets turned off for a second and then back on.

we have changed, ego sensor, map sensor, intake temp sensor, and coils and it still does it.

many people are saying its the pcv valve.... thats the next thing we will try.

this car throws no codes either. There was a stored fault ( but no dash light ) when we put an obd2 scanner on it for the intake temp sensor, so we changed that first.... no good

Member Array
    Car:
    RB1 & GTR33V
    check your grounds in the engine bay and ensure that they are all intact especially around the valver cover, gbox areas.
    RB1-ODC

Thanks Rage King. So far all looks ok.. Will run a couple of extra earth leads to be safe I reckon..