Member Array
    Car:
    Honda

Ultra Racing Front strut tower bar installed pic request

Hi guys

ANy of you installed Ultra Racing front tower bar for CL9 Euro on forum?

had problems abt the fitment, hope some kind ppl could post some real pics.

thx in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    I have it installed and it is a small fitment issue. and that issue may be different for different car and parts combination. My suspension is adjustable and it clash with the adjustable nuts. also it clash with the stock support brace (round black steel bar). I need to force it down with the nuts. before you install it you need to get something protect the struct bar where near the air-con line. they actually touch each others. I was pull the air-con line up a bit (slowly) and get a bit more room for the struct bar. Can't upload the pic ATM. will try it later
    Accord Basic

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    whers the pic at?

I bought mine brand new and installed it the same day but it only lasted 30 mins before i took mine off. My problem was that the bar would make contact with the coil cover during shift changes or on high revs when the engine would tilt back causing the car to shake and vibrate.

The bar is actually made for the K20a where the engine height is slightly lower then the K24a.

I would not recommend this bar to anyone unless there willing to take off there coil cover cover.
    03 Accord Euro CL9, FlashPro, 06 TSX Intake Cam, 40* VTC, RBC IM, J35 TB, RDX Injectors, WeaponR header, 2.5 Catback Exhaust, Pivot Mega Raizin

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Ultra Racing is a great brand and i have almost all of their products for both my Euro and EG
    BUT this product does not fit well or at all on our K24a CL9's - its designed for the JDM CL7-R with the K20a engine

i would recommend getting a J's Racing or M+M bar that goes down behind the engine rather than over it
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    hey guys, out of curiosity, how much did u pay for the ultra racing bars?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the 2 point units usually cost around $100 - and the 3-4 point units usually cost 150-200
    if i buy alot of them all at once i usually get them cheaper - its best to order direct from their factory via the MY website =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    the 2 point units usually cost around $100 - and the 3-4 point units usually cost 150-200
    if i buy alot of them all at once i usually get them cheaper - its best to order direct from their factory via the MY website =)
    thanks mate