Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: h22a

h22a

ok, can someone explain me why so many ppl convert there engines to, for example a h22a when they dont even go that good in preludes where they originate from. and like top quarter mile times are 14.5 average. Dont get me wrong its quick for a lil 4cyl but its not that quick. like i have not seen one quick prelude. And if some1 can also tell me what is the best modifications to make the h22a quicker. cheers...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    lol.
    well h22a has one of largest displacements of any fwd hone engine from the 90's. it also is DOHC vtec and can be coaxed into produceing a bit more power then stock.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    rb26 ek4
    The modification u can do to a h22a is 2 turbo charge it
    but its gonna cost ya big bucks

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    put a h22a in a eg and see how fast u will go

how come the guys and galz who have prelude vti-r they go like buckets lol and it has the h22a engine in it

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    the body of the car weighs a shit load. and lookn at an NA motor the weight of the car is very important

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    i think it actually makes a difference is u have AUDM h22a or JDM h22a plus, the gear ratios are different between both spec engines. JDM being better in all area's including ecu which is tuned for jap spec fuel but will run fine on optimax/ultimate plus has different fuel maps etc.

I think most AUDM h22a's are 190hp where the JDM h22a of the same age is 200hp.

it think the later model AUDM preludes are 200hp , not sure

ive driven 99 model prelude vti-r with manual tranny and then i drive my JDM h22a in mah accord and i can say my accord is quicker. some JDM h22a's have factory LSD which is handy if u want to take off fast!

oh koool. reason why im asking all of this is because i wouldnt mind building another accord with h22a. so what year engine do i look for at the importing wreckers and how can i tell if it is a jdm engine compared to the ozzi version

also how can i tell which has the lsd. and what will it cost for me to get one including engine 5 speed gear box ecu and the mounts. and when u get the front cut does it come with all the wiring loom

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    JDM engine will have the engine code H22A, tranny code for LSD is M2B4, if u buy front cut you can also tell if it's JDM just by looking at the stickers in the engine bay etc, they are all in japanese!
    The complete wiring loom comes with a front cut but you wont use much of it anyway, you will only need the wiring and sensor connections from a few sensors that are on the H22A that arent on the f22b. The existing accord harness will connect directly up to the H22A, with that said, a couple of the wires need to be lengthened as the same sensors are in different locations on the H22A compared to the f22b.

What you do is disect the wires you need from the front cut ie, from the sensor to the ecu and once you have the extra ones you need, wrap them up in a new loom and feed it back from the engine to the ecu.
    You only need one prelude mount to bolt the engine in, you use the 3 other existing accord mounts.

You should look for a 96 model front cut, i think they are fairly common although, i know that towards the end of 96 honda changed from OBD1 to OBD2 so find out what your car is and get a front cut to match.

I put a 6/96 OBD1 engine and ECU in my 94 accord. You will have to find ( for legality reasons ) a front cut the same age or newer than you vehicle.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    Apart from the h22a is it possible to place another newer engine in it such as the euro v6 vtec for example or would you be restricted due to engine mounts size etc,

when i buy the front cut does the ecu come with it? and also say i got an accord auto can i still just do the conversion da same or does other stuff need to b changed like i know the pedals but wat else. asking this because accord vti-s do not come out manual.