Post EP3R - Questions upon arrival

Hey all, just joined; on the facebook page too but never got around to actually registering cause of that email rego of ISP providers etc etc... anyway

I drive a BB6 Prelude atm, love it & unfortunately gonna have to sell it soon cause I've got my new arrival expected early/mid Feb - my ep3 type r facelift.

Was wondering when you do a service (I'm a mechanic myself) is there a specific oil filter that needs to be imported for it? Or I was wondering will a DC5 generic brand filter fit? It's a k20a. I will be doing a full drop of all fluids and replace - best to go genuine fluids too right?

Looking at supercharging it after springs/engine damp/strut/exhaust - is there a good Aussie site for parts?

Insurance... cheapest for under 21's?

Also, anyone ever had any problems or anything with these? Or anything an EP3R Aussie owner should know?

A few pictures of her (they could've cleaned it first).. she's getting shipped on Thursday - anyone know how long the process takes from the moment it's on the boat? Also, went through Iron Chef Imports.. so far am quite pleased; but I haven't got the car yet... so I will hold my breathe until then.

Never waited for something so impatiently in my life... lol, cheers.
    Last edited by honda_Mike; 14-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Dam that's nice, personally I would change the rear lights to PFL lights but that's just my 2 cent :P

With the oil filter, the DC5R one should fit.

Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    Dam that's nice, personally I would change the rear lights to PFL lights but that's just my 2 cent :P

With the oil filter, the DC5R one should fit.
    The pre face lift? Yeh I like them much more.. but the facelift is nicer at the front. Was considering tinting the white parts of them.. but plenty things to do before that.

That's what I thought too.. but just wanna double check that :') Thanks man.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    the normal genuine Honda filter will fit, and personally, I wouldn't use anything else...

p.s. if u look around hard enuf, u can find the original, genuine made in japan dark blue 1's for around $6.5 each if u buy in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    the normal genuine Honda filter will fit, and personally, I wouldn't use anything else...

p.s. if u look around hard enuf, u can find the original, genuine made in japan dark blue 1's for around $6.5 each if u buy in bulk
    won't be buying them in bulk, I can only use 2

but will look into that later as I said.

so a genuine honda filter from a dealership? 1 size fits all? Really? Ok I see, cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_Mike View Post
    won't be buying them in bulk, I can only use 2

but will look into that later as I said.

so a genuine honda filter from a dealership? 1 size fits all? Really? Ok I see, cheers.
    You can get genuine Honda filters from tegiwaimports, here's the link http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine...l-filter-1267/

Quote Originally Posted by viett View Post
    You can get genuine Honda filters from tegiwaimports, here's the link http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine...l-filter-1267/
    Ah cheers.. but i'll check to see if any dealers stock them; if not then i'll order a bunch.

Any EP3 owners with any other info?