Thread: Air Con issue

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Eur

Air Con issue

Hi all
    2004 Accord Euro, had the A/C serviced and regassed by an independent mechanic 7 months ago, have just noticed warmish air out of the driver's side vents, but cooler air on the passenger side vents with the AC on. I had the power steering hose recall job done a few days ago at the dealership, but that would probably be unrelated.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Had the same problem a while ago. I got it re-gassed and is now working fine. If problem still persists, it might be the flaps blocking the vent.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Maybe recall the mechanic who did your A/C service and get him to have a once over?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Eur
    Thanks all. I have the car booked in for a lookover.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    it;s usually the TX valve or the thermal switch that goes foul with age.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    I had this problem couple of weeks ago, the AC guy checked it and it was low in pressure. Re-gassed it and all working ok now, will need to bring it in a months time for a free checkup as theres possibly a leak.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Figure out what the problem is? I've got a mouldy smell coming from mine
    MODS: Injen CAI (Black), Skunk2 Exhaust, 6k HID, CU2 17" Luxury Wheels, Pre facelift Mugen Grill, Red Honda Badge

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by djpro1 View Post
    Figure out what the problem is? I've got a mouldy smell coming from mine
    When did you last replace the cabin air filter?

- HZ

sorry to hijack... mine had the same problem... initially the driver ac is warm & passanger is cool but now they r both warm - not cold at all. had it regassed & replaced the front filter near the radiator 5mths ago. btw is making a whining noise when I turn on the ac. it grts louder as I press on my accelerator. any help would be appreciated also any highly recommendations for ac service/fix in sydney area & how much approximately? Thx guys

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    check the fuses, it might be the "Dual Zone" a/c system screwing up.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

checked the fuse... All good.. except the front (engine bay) as the fuse is in black color. so not sure if it's stuffed or not..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Eur
    Hi all
    My mechanic checked the AC and reported enough R134a.
    Thinks the issue with the warmish driver's side vents and cooler passenger side vents may be due to a door in the duct behind the dash. That is a biggish job. But recently, I have noticed the compressor cycles between warm and cool for all vents(although the passenger side remains cooler than the driver's side).
    I do not think my issue is a failing compressor, but who knows. Does anyone know from experience what the issue may be? Part numbers would help too.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    it;s usually the TX valve or the thermal switch that goes foul with age.