Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If you plan on doing those changes I suggest you get a 98+ model, it'll save you some hassles like sourcing the bumper, painting, etc. I would probably only get a 96 model if its like dirt cheap.

But jaytea is right, if your going to add type r parts to it later you might as well wait and buy a dc2r instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    I would buy this car in a heart beat if my budget was around 10k

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...C2-Fresh-build

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Word of advice.

The prices on some of the VTiR's, quiet unreasonable (5-8k).

Spend the extra now and get the type R (9-14k).

Cleaner you want it the more it will set you back.

As mentioned above, his already spend enough for him to have owned a type R from the start.
    I wish I bought a Type R from the start
    -lighter car
    -better everything(Engine , Exterior , suspension)

Oh well all the modifications I've accumulated and installed over the past years have taught me plenty.
    ( True Honda enthusiast)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumanji View Post
    Hey DTN How much would a facelift bumper set me back? is it worth paying the extra for a 1998 model just for the facelift front and rear bumpers. Or would a 96 be fine and then buy the parts
    The facelift rear bar will set u back about $200 plus painting costs if not same colour, this bar is quite in demand by prefaced owners so thats why it holds a fairly high price compare to any other part
    to have the rear bar suit you may aswell get facelift tail lights too there about $100-150 a pair

I would suggest buying a 1998 to start with as it will save u all these hassles, but if a 96 model comes up cheap may aswell get it

I have done the conversion on my 94 model and also own a 99 model dc2 aswell
    its all bolt on so very easy to do yourself, besides the painting bit if ur not a painter
    Luckily for me when i got my bar is was already yellow so it was straight bolt on no painting needed however the yellow was slightly different but barely noticeable

Prefaced

Facelift
    Last edited by Johnie; 07-02-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    loved it as a kid, watched it again recently, was kinda disappointing. still good though

Never watch childhood favorites

Op: buy a type r. remember, its not a tight car if ain't a type r
    definitely man

aint a tight car if it aint a type r
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre