Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2

[CU2] Bonnet protector

Hi everyone, I'm planning on going on a road trip and wanted to get the bonnet protector to... well, protect the bonnet from stone chips/scratches. Read from these forums that the cost is approx. $79 ex. installation.

I was wondering if anyone has it installed, what the installation looks like and if it's worth it. Any pics or illustrations would be appreciated as I'm planning to do a DIY, thx. Probably CL9 pics will do as I assume they'll be similar to the CU2?
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    Where'd they quote you $79?? I'm sure the Honda dealer here said it was $149 + install.

There are a few at my work that have the bonnet protector installed and it actually doesn't look so bad. Mind you, I think the car looks nicer without it, but, still, should really get one!

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Quote Originally Posted by actcueuro View Post
    Where'd they quote you $79?? I'm sure the Honda dealer here said it was $149 + install.
    Someone got it from their dealer in Brisbane here. Mind you this was a price from end of last year so it might be different now.

There are a few at my work that have the bonnet protector installed and it actually doesn't look so bad. Mind you, I think the car looks nicer without it, but, still, should really get one!
    I was just planning to use it for this road trip so I don't really mind if it looks fugly. If it costs me less than $100 to protect my car from stone chips then I reckon it's money well spent. I believe stone chip repairs would cost upwards of $100?
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    It should be a good investment, I got some bad chips on the front of mine.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    I have it and even though it could have been designed better, it does a good job .
    Last edited by albii; 30-09-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    Yeah, and I drive a lot, so it'd be good for me too. Does supersheep auto stock these?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Yeah, and I drive a lot, so it'd be good for me too. Does supersheep auto stock these?
    I doubt supercheap would have them.Too late a model car and not enough demand.

get a car bra mate... or better. clear car bra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq73apFrB7A

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Thanks for all the replies. Can someone tell me how it actually attaches to the bonnet? i.e. does it stick to the bonnet? clip on the bonnet? screw on the bonnet? Can it be a DIY job?
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I ordered a car bra before I took delivery of the car & after 18,500km of country driving I have 1 small chip on the trailing edge of the bonnet. I do believe they are worth every dollar but in saying that if I had $1300 to spare I would get a full front wrap with Venture Shield, meaning the complete bonnet, front guards, bumper & wing mirrors are covered with a clear plastic for protection. I guess you could say it is similar to window tint, but much thicker & clear.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux manual
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    I ordered a car bra before I took delivery of the car & after 18,500km of country driving I have 1 small chip on the trailing edge of the bonnet. I do believe they are worth every dollar but in saying that if I had $1300 to spare I would get a full front wrap with Venture Shield, meaning the complete bonnet, front guards, bumper & wing mirrors are covered with a clear plastic for protection. I guess you could say it is similar to window tint, but much thicker & clear.
    How much did you get the car bra for and where abouts?
    I'm thinking about getting one very soon just for highway driving.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury (Man) CU2
    Car bras just look so damn ugly though. Mind you chip vs. car bra.

Car Bra +1!