Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    And although I can't imagine it causing permanent damage at such a low speed, it's very possible the diff really didn't enjoy the different front wheel circumferences. However I thought that would have manifested in crap handling or sounds that would revert back to normal when a regular wheel went back on the front. Still, might be a good time for an LSD...
    You ended up being right on that also

Thanks all.....

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Agreed on your point, I have seen some FWD vehicles that say it in the instructions and others that don't. My Focus doesn't say to put on the rear and it shouldn't be assumed that you should know that. For crying out loud, half the population can't even find the windscreen washer fluid cap...

Only conclusion I can think of is that the manufacturer believes that it's not at risk of hurting the car, but from a safety viewpoint it seems an oversight.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Agreed on your point, I have seen some FWD vehicles that say it in the instructions and others that don't. My Focus doesn't say to put on the rear and it shouldn't be assumed that you should know that. For crying out loud, half the population can't even find the windscreen washer fluid cap...

Only conclusion I can think of is that the manufacturer believes that it's not at risk of hurting the car, but from a safety viewpoint it seems an oversight.
    Well said bro!

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfusi0n View Post
    Kinda common sense to put space saver on the rear, as the front wheels both steer and transmit power so you'd want them even.
    what about for rwd car?

and do you use front or back on awd

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    you'd be stuffed in an AWD

might as well throw the space saver away then :P
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Lol the car manufacture cannot be blamed. Its just common sense space saver should on the side that will have the least stress put on it.

I've always just sold my space saver and bought a full size spare for all my cars which i rotate with other tires once a month.

How dud does it look to have a space saver on lol, specially bigger cars like BMW's or mercs lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra
    Can I ask how much did the engine mount rubber cost you? I suspect I have a similar problem here.