Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thanks man yeah my mechanic is a bit of a weapon hes plugging it in tomorrow. wonder if he can change fuel map to suit me only using bp ultimate?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Bud , this engine been designed for 95. using 98 or higher on this stock engine = waste of money.

ahh the butt dyno lies! thanks mate really appreciate your input even though you owe me nothing.

Still have faith in the world

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Using anything less than 98 is asking for trouble
    Especially with the K24s notorious pinging
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Using anything less than 98 is asking for trouble
    Especially with the K24s notorious pinging
    Man, you are wrong. if only you could see what shit our guys fill in da tanks sometimes here when no 95 available ... We have worst gas in EU and CL9 can run on 92 without any signs of pinging. stock cal has very conservative ignition timing. early CU2 cals had a serious flaw which caused pings with any type of fuel, with fixed fw it can also run on 92 with slightly reduced performance. cal use knock sensor to engage ignition retard map to run engine without detonation on bad gas.

So all you 98 and 100 premium lovers , i can bet my car that you will not see even a limping pony with 98 vs 95 on stock car. its waste of money and i wanna help u to save and to bust this myth.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Mind blowing information

OP any word yet?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Okay guys the timing is being severely retarded apparently, mechanic says probably awful batch of fuel combined with an old filter. Going to do a new fuel filter and run this tank dry and let you know. Thoughts?

Siphon out the shit fuel when you do fuel filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRKNT View Post
    Siphon out the shit fuel when you do fuel filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
    Man, you are wrong. if only you could see what shit our guys fill in da tanks sometimes here when no 95 available ... We have worst gas in EU and CL9 can run on 92 without any signs of pinging. stock cal has very conservative ignition timing. early CU2 cals had a serious flaw which caused pings with any type of fuel, with fixed fw it can also run on 92 with slightly reduced performance. cal use knock sensor to engage ignition retard map to run engine without detonation on bad gas.

So all you 98 and 100 premium lovers , i can bet my car that you will not see even a limping pony with 98 vs 95 on stock car. its waste of money and i wanna help u to save and to bust this myth.
    keep in mind your EU tune is different to our AU tunes. I'm willing to bet that if they recommend 95 they've tuned it based on 91 for conservative measure.

But I do agree, the only reason why you'd want to use 98 is to have a slightly 'cleaner' and processed fuel running through the injectors which in turn may save you some sort of costs on maintenance in the future.. that's if you intend on keeping your car till the end of tiem though. Your call. I'd personally never bother unless i was tuned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomwootton19 View Post
    thanks man yeah my mechanic is a bit of a weapon hes plugging it in tomorrow. wonder if he can change fuel map to suit me only using bp ultimate?
    A stock ECU will not allow the fuel map to be changed.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Yeah I might siphon all the shit out and wipe the tank out a bit...