Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Hey Curtis, AU and EU tunes are the same. JDM and US tune is slightly diff. I dunno what tech process is used to achieve 98 ron on oil plants in your region but all the plants we have here can do only pure 92, then they mix in some additives to bump octane to 95 or 98. More additives - more dirty fuel is, more harm and clogging for injectors , spark plugs and so on . I use pure 95 imported , without additives. I think SG plants can do pure ( real ) 95 and 98 and 98 isnt more "clean" then 95 )) So its no sense to pay more. If you wanna prolonge engine life - run LPG , its really less stressful for engine , if installed and tuned correctly, of course.

TS , i cant believe that you can have a shitty fuel there, unless gas station is operated by russians or ukrainians lol ))) Unplug battery for 5 min to reset ECU trims and then try to make a few runs to see if its still go in limp mode.
    Last edited by littlebo; 16-02-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Pretty sure it was bro, put 30 bucks of caltex in it and it's nearly perfect again. Still going to do fuel filter

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
    Hey Curtis, AU and EU tunes are the same. JDM and US tune is slightly diff. I dunno what tech process is used to achieve 98 ron on oil plants in your region but all the plants we have here can do only pure 92, then they mix in some additives to bump octane to 95 or 98. More additives - more dirty fuel is, more harm and clogging for injectors , spark plugs and so on . I use pure 95 imported , without additives. I think SG plants can do pure ( real ) 95 and 98 and 98 isnt more "clean" then 95 ))
    I think we refine to 95 then add boosters to 98

or the Singapore imported fuel is 95/98 out of the refinery, but by the time it reaches Australia, it's back down to below 95/98 or something so boosters had to be added to bring it back.

TS , i cant believe that you can have a shitty fuel there, unless gas station is operated by russians or ukrainians lol ))) Unplug battery for 5 min to reset ECU trims and then try to make a few runs to see if its still go in limp mode.
    Contamination at fuel stations is a regular occurrence here.

not because operator is dodgy, it's just wear and tear on the pump/tank.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 16-02-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
    If you wanna prolonge engine life - run LPG , its really less stressful for engine , if installed and tuned correctly, of course.
    One could also run E85. I'd rather E85 over 98.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    This car cant run safely on fuel with more than 10-15% of alcohol, fuel system must be prepared and ECU retuned. E85 has different AFR to be fully burnt. give or take , LPG is more clean, e85 is a lil more stable to run and easier to tune.

I cant imagine what kind of contaminators can get into fuel station tank... water ? - car will stall very fast. dirt ? - filter will be clogged and fuel pressure will be low.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    What exactly happened to your fuel? Did you put a lower Ron fuel in your tank op?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

No I had a full tank of 98 in it.. Apparently a bad batch.. Fuel filter goes in to,orrow getting a ryco unit installed and the new fuel I put in seems to be helping too

Just got the filter replaced with the ryco unit and the mechanic cut the old one open. It was gross.

Car is now perfect, starting first time and had more power I've had since I bought it!

Super happy best $100 over ever spent on my car!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    So it was clogged filter and fuel flow been low to feed the engine at high revs.. I highly recommend to check fuel pressure in such cases to see the problem and if it been soved in full. Sometimes fuel pressure regulator and pump get bad too. How much km you made on that filter ? Usually they must be changed after 40-60k.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by thomwootton19 View Post
    Just got the filter replaced with the ryco unit and the mechanic cut the old one open. It was gross.

Car is now perfect, starting first time and had more power I've had since I bought it!

Super happy best $100 over ever spent on my car!
    where do you usually buy petrol?

I reckon try to use newish stations with new holding tanks

i try to buy it at bp in newcastle city but travel a lot so its not 100 percent.

never put crap in though.

as for the fuel filter age mate i cant say, had the car for around 40000km so definitely needed changing even though my service manual didnt say as much. stoked