Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport '13

Civic Sport 2013 upgrade ideas

Hey Guys,

Has anyone with the 2013 Civic sedan made any upgrades or mods to their cars?
    I'm looking to see what I can do to mine in the future and some ideas would really help.

Especially to get rid of the acceleration lag if that is possible

Thanks

When you mod your car it should be to your taste and unique to you.

People add rims
    You can add a K&N induction kit
    Some have added new suspension
    Some people have added bodykits

Start off slow.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    acceleration lag is a result of the DBW system, there are easy fixes such as those shadow e throttle things to full ECU replacements.. up to you how far you wan to go with it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport '13
    It will be a very slow start.
    Most likely add a subwoofer first because that spectrum of the sound is lacking only slightly.
    It's the harder stuff I need ideas for because this is my first car and also there aren't to many mods that I have seen to base what I like off
    I will be looking for performance based mods though mainly

Do you know of any cars that are a good example for me to look at?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport '13
    @curtis I know some of those words :P

Can you please explain what they are? Consider me 100% noob to cars/car parts in general

DWS is Drive by Wire System.

Basically instead of using a throttle cable to adjust the throttle plate.
    It uses a electric signal that goes to the Electronic Control Unit(ECU) which then sends a signal to the throttle plate which is controlled by a motor which takes time to open and close on standard cars due to the motor being used(these are used for economy) and the throttle map used by the ECU which are again mainly designed for economy.

If you are going to get new wheels try to get the ones that are the most light.

The less weight on the wheels, the better the handling will be.
    Which can make a car feel nicer or sluggish.

Replacing the ECU with a performance one or remapping it is one way to reduce the lag.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport '13
    Thanks heaps. I understand now what the acronyms are and how they affect the car.
    I do like the economy that the ECU gives me though. Is there a possibility that you can make the sports mode on the shifter be less lag but regular drive mode unchanged?

Me personally would start off with comfort and entertainment.
    Like a Sound System, HIDs, Intake, Wheels or a Lowered Suspension.

Heaps to stuff to do. Just need to know where to begin and where to look.
    You'll get the hang of it when you start to modify a car. Doesnt come over night

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport '13
    Yeah I'm expecting it to be learnt over many mistakes. Which scares me a bit because I don't want to damage too much.
    Where to look seems to be the hardest right now since not many people have the newer model and especially not the sport like I do (I believe most people think it's a waste of money as it's not really sporty at all)

I think on the list might be
    Sound
    ECU tuning
    lights
    maybe a spoiler if I see a good example of it not looking too ricer. I wish there was a good simulator so I could see what it looked like before buying one
    Turbo if possible

This will obviously take a while to acquire both money and skills

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Just FYI - if you want a fast car you're better off with a genuine sports car, i know it's new and nice and all but it's still a SOHC upside down VTEC engine, so don't expect a lot with tuning or you'll be disappointed. You're best off with turbo if you want to go fast.

I would personally make it look 'stock but not stock' with subtle things lke an OEM bodykit, clean looking wheels and having it slightly lowered.

Just think it through and decide whether you like the mod enough to 1) spend the money, b) put up with the impracticality it might add, and most importantly c) if you like it, do it. it's your car afterall
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Also dont install HIDs.

If you get the wrong bulb you will cause nothing but glare

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Ultimately turning a R20A is an uphill battle (or any R series really)

Although the latest Honda's all have CANBUS communication to the ECU system (in theory making tuning much easier via the OBD2 port).

Not that many companies are interested in providing tuning options, in fact i dont think there are anyone who provides tuning solutions for an R other than old fashioned piggybacking.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars