Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Ultimately turning a R20A is an uphill battle (or any R series really)

Although the latest Honda's all have CANBUS communication to the ECU system (in theory making tuning much easier via the OBD2 port).

Not that many companies are interested in providing tuning options, in fact i dont think there are anyone who provides tuning solutions for an R other than old fashioned piggybacking.
    Not in australia anyway.

In the UK there are companies that offer full remaps for the N22A1 Diesel civic hatch
    With a stage 2 remap it can beat a stock type R just because it has way more torque.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Not in australia anyway.

In the UK there are companies that offer full remaps for the N22A1 Diesel civic hatch
    With a stage 2 remap it can beat a stock type R just because it has way more torque.

Honda Diesels use Bosch systems, from injection down to ECU, so you tune a honda diesel the same way you chip tune a BMW diesel (similar/identical components)

Petrol engines is a whole different story.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

If you want to see pics of 9th gen civics, go to http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/and there is a sister forum for 9th gen civics.
    I would recommend a throttle controller, I fitted one to my 09 VTIL, it makes the car feel more responsive. From what I understand regarding the DBW system, when you put your foot down 10% you don't necessarily get 10% of go. Throttle controller fixes this quick smart.
    Get some wheels, get a tint. Look at some pics, have a think, lots of good info on this forum.
    I think the new Civic Sport is a great car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport '13
    Yeah I'm not expecting too much of a tune up but I'd like some more acceleration for sure. I have more of a minimalist style to the "stock but not stock" look would suit me. Just not lowering because I love hitting speed bumps at more than 2km/h.

I'm guessing this piggyback stuff is a pain in the ass to do.

I'm pretty happy with the bulbs now really. It would be a purely aesthetic change if I did.

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    I've got a 2013 Civic as well, except I have a vti and not a sport.

You could always get coils and rims, maybe some sway bars and all as well. No point trying to mod the engine too much since Aus models come with the R20 instead of the K24 like the American models.

Could also get some sort of exhaust if you wanted some noise. I know 8th gen cat backs fit on the 9th gen vti's but im not too sure on the sport models. Could always get custom made instead though and it shouldn't cost too much depending on where you go

Quote Originally Posted by *DAN* View Post
    I've got a 2013 Civic as well
    Dan, Mate. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7922...90467/?fref=ts
    Join up. Introduce yourself. And attend meets! Most of the guys on there are my friends
    and most of them live in the westside. Most meets are held near Amart in Braybrook!

I better see you there next meet!

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    Dan, Mate. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7922...90467/?fref=ts
    Join up. Introduce yourself. And attend meets! Most of the guys on there are my friends
    and most of them live in the westside. Most meets are held near Amart in Braybrook!

I better see you there next meet!
    Haha thanks mate!! Probably won't introduce myself since i find that sort of stuff a bit embarrassing, did join though! Will rock up to meets when i start modding my car

Quote Originally Posted by *DAN* View Post
    Haha thanks mate!! Probably won't introduce myself since i find that sort of stuff a bit embarrassing, did join though! Will rock up to meets when i start modding my car
    Lol. You dont necessarily need a "Modified" car to attend meet. Come, Kick Back, Meet new people. Talk shit about cars.
    I dont really go myself as it gets boring really quick. But Yeah... PM Me and add me on facebook!

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    Lol. You dont necessarily need a "Modified" car to attend meet. Come, Kick Back, Meet new people. Talk shit about cars.
    I dont really go myself as it gets boring really quick. But Yeah... PM Me and add me on facebook!
    haha more personal preference if anything, prefer not to rock up in a stock car

pm sent!

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    bodykit, love the mugen kit on the 2013 civics

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Drive the car for a month and get a feel to see what needs an immediate update.

Just from what I've read, don't rush into the subwoofer - get the head unit changed first, so you have a cleaner delivery of sound to the speakers. For all you know, that upgrade may be more than enough for you.

I bought the D1 Spec Throttle Controller for about $120 off eBay for my 8th Gen, which suffers the same input lag as the 9th Gen. This device helped immensely. I'd suggest upgrading the tires with it too so your tires don't end up squealing all over the place when you adjust the throttle sensitivity, assuming you're going to be revving harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Ultimately turning a R20A is an uphill battle (or any R series really)

Although the latest Honda's all have CANBUS communication to the ECU system (in theory making tuning much easier via the OBD2 port).

Not that many companies are interested in providing tuning options, in fact i dont think there are anyone who provides tuning solutions for an R other than old fashioned piggybacking.
    IIRC, the AU ECU is locked and can't be tuned directly (i.e., with a Hondata). You have to buy a US ECU and get someone to tune it which is around $1200-$1500 all up. However, you can use piggyback tuners. I've still yet to find a useful one.

Quote Originally Posted by nedkerry View Post
    I bought the D1 Spec Throttle Controller for about $120 off eBay for my 8th Gen, which suffers the same input lag as the 9th Gen. This device helped immensely. I'd suggest upgrading the tires with it too so your tires don't end up squealing all over the place when you adjust the throttle sensitivity, assuming you're going to be revving harder.
    Off topic. Did the Throttle Control actually make a big difference?
    My FD2 has a delay from complete stop. I was looking into buying but wasnt sure if it was worth it.
    Sell me yours?