Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 accord vti

Knocking/thumping noise from the rear right side? cd5

So lately i noticed a weird noise coming from the rear right side, whenever i go over a speed bump or let go of the accelerator real quickly itll make a knock or thump noise in the back, it sounds like theres something in the boot of my car, but theres not. Ive pushed the car up and down, dont hear the noise so i dont think its the suspension.

Im not sure what it could be but it sounds like its coming from above the wheel. Got a friend to look at it, said it needs to be lifted up to see what it is, but most likely something has come loose and it will show up as soon as the cars lifted up.

Its a 1995 honda accord vti, been lowered to the legal limit if that is any help.

Do you have an exhaust or anything like that?

What mods have you done to the car?

In otherwords, need more information about your car
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    95 accord vti
    Yes it has a dual tip exhaust, ive checked it, it doesnt feel loose. Uhm no mods besides lowering the car, 18 inch rims, pod filter and an exhaust. I dont know what more I could add really, the handling of the car has not changed at all, whenever going over bumps it still feels the same, just that rear thump/knock/ noise.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    How is the handling of your car?
    Does it oversteer or understeer like before?
    Did the knock appear after lowering the car?
    What have you lowered the car with (spring/strut combo, coilovers)?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    What have you lowered the car with (spring/strut combo, coilovers)?
    Was hoping for info on that...

Also done any bushes or links?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    95 accord vti
    The car handles exactly the same, it has not changed one bit. I lowered the car over a year ago, the noise just started appearing, it sounds like something is in the back of the boot, but theres nothing. The car was lowered with King Springs, its not insanely lowered, the mechanic said he would only lower it to legal height or he wont do it. Ive looked at the suspension and got other people to look at it aswell, there completely fine the car bounces up and down exactly the same way as it did before, and does not make the noise. The only time you can hear the knock/thump/clunk noise is when i drive to about 5km in first gear and press the clutch it while letting go of the accelerator, the sudden jolt makes it make that noise. It also happens whenever i go over a speed bump or if the road is uneven.

I really dont know what it could be, it just sounds like some metal object is hitting the car whenever the car jolts or rocks back and fourth. We suspect something is loose, probably going to just take it to a mechanics, once he lifts the car up the part which is loose will show and will be easily fixed, hoping it doesnt cost me much =s

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    part of exhaust knocking on undercarriage with engine movement

suspension bushes

need to inspect any point of contact for rubbing/wear

With lowering - knocking is usually swaybar endlinks either not tight enough , or broken.

check this on your car - the endlink is located quite close to the multilink suspension and will hit all over the place under there.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 accord vti
    Well i finally found out what the problem was, it was a cracked engine mount that was making that thumping/knock noise. It costed me $250 to fix including labour at a local mechanic. Thought id post this incase someone was having a similar problem to me, or for a future refence for someone.

Thanks to everyone for the help though, im just happy it was a relatively cheap fix =D

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Which engine mount was it?
    Did he replace it with an oem one?

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    95 accord vti
    According to the receipt, it was a front engine mount. Yes he replaced it with an oem one, I requested only oem.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    OMG $250 to replace

www.OzAccord.net/forum