So today I decided it is finally time to debadge my civic EK1.

I will be leaving the H badges because they require a lot of work due to the holes that will be left when debadged, and just tackling the 'civic' badge to begin with!

First of all! Here's a BEFORE photo

First: Applying boiling water
This will help loosen up the adhesives behind the badge and make it easier to remove while also reducing the risk of damaging the pain

Secondly: You can use various tools but my choice of weapon will be some dental floss!
start working at one end and move the floss back and forth dividing the adhesive holding up the badge. pour more hot water in the seams to make it easier.

THE BADGE IS OFF

As you can see there is some adhesive left on the body.

You will require: WD-40, Orange Power (Or any other adhesive remover alternative), A rag or micro fibre cloth.

Spray some WD-40 on it and let is soak up for a few minutes.
After a couple of minutes use an old or unused card and start scraping away!

After I had scraped off most of the adhesive I could still see an outline of sticky glue stuff. This is where the Orange Power comes in.
Dab some orange power on to a cloth and spread it over the surface area. After a couple seconds, rub it off with a cloth and warm/hot water

The finished Product!
You can still see a faint outline of the badge, nothing some T Cut and polish and fix

The Badge now proudly sits on my desk wall

Thanks for tuning in Leave a comment!