Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

How long do parts take to arrive?

Hi Everyone,

Just got a quick question into buying parts at a dealership and receiving them. I ordered a front lip (Modulo) for my FD Civic in November 2013 and now it's February 2014 and I still haven't received it!

Rang the dealer god knows how many times and all I get is "it's on back order and it will come next month". It's been the same excuse since December 2013. I'm slightly frustrated at the moment and have spoken to the parts manager to no help as I get the same response every time. In fact, a service advisor advised me it will be here "mid April" a few days ago when I asked. So it's gone from Jan > Feb > April.

I paid in full in order for them to order the part. So a full $700. I ordered it as part of a complete kit, the other two bits have arrived and installed onto my car since December

No joke when I say this, but I'd be able to get ferrari parts quicker than 4 months... I am pretty sure it's not hard to get a lip shipped from the Honda factory in Japan to an Australian dealership! It's not like I am ordering a new engine block from Japan, just a front lip made up of two pods the size of a laptop...

What should I do? am I eligible for any refund or will I have to go to fair trading to get anywhere?

I have the reciepts and all as well for parts and install. Even a photocopied version where they wrote "waiting for front lip" dated 11 December 2013.

Thanks.
    Last edited by stevo1210; 14-02-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    next time they push it back ask to see what evidence they have on when it will be shipped

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    A lot of questions that nobody can answer here mate. For refunds etc you really need to call the workshop and ask.

Mention 'ombudsman' and they will make it happen quick smart I assure you.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    A lot of questions that nobody can answer here mate. For refunds etc you really need to call the workshop and ask.

Mention 'ombudsman' and they will make it happen quick smart I assure you.
    Sent an email instead this time round with a bit of an unhappy blab... and I get a reply ASAP, in writing as well. They said it will come in another few weeks (mid March). I have it in writing this time around so I will report back in a few weeks to see how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Mate they got your money, they don't give a fuk now srs.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Having worked in a dealership service department, I can tell you quite easily that once you have to bring parts in from outside Australia, unless its marked urgent, it can take a few months... Even then it will take a mth and a bit.

Some parts are made to order so it will take even longer.

And unfortunately they don't make much from it so once they send off the order, they'll check up once or twice to ensure its been received and that's about it. Make more from servicing than parts after all.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Arrr.. should have asked us at www.gaijin-garage.com for Modulo parts direct from Japan !

PM me if you want me to check availability on the FD2 Modulo Lip

FYi the Lip might actually be on backorder in Japan which means it is scheduled for production but not in stock. It can take months for production runs to occur, but I would say this item should be available as the FD2 is popular model in Japan.

If you have the pre-facelift FD2 then it might be a different matter..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    Arrr.. should have asked us at www.gaijin-garage.com for Modulo parts direct from Japan !

PM me if you want me to check availability on the FD2 Modulo Lip

FYi the Lip might actually be on backorder in Japan which means it is scheduled for production but not in stock. It can take months for production runs to occur, but I would say this item should be available as the FD2 is popular model in Japan.

If you have the pre-facelift FD2 then it might be a different matter..
    If only I knew earlier about Gaijin Garage! I bet it would have been cheaper than the $3000 I paid for the kit through the dealer... but then again someone had to install it for me. :-/

Did you say there's still production runs for parts... for a 5 year old FD Civic? :O

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    If only I knew earlier about Gaijin Garage! I bet it would have been cheaper than the $3000 I paid for the kit through the dealer... but then again someone had to install it for me. :-/

Did you say there's still production runs for parts... for a 5 year old FD Civic? :O
    they have to be painted and that to suit the car, so makes it even more special and specific.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    Just last year I bought visors for my 1999 prelude from Honda Australia lmzo
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut