Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R

FN2 Type R Footwell Lighting Help

Hi all, I'm new here and a new Honda owner!

I have noticed my FN2 type R has factory footwell lighting which I'm not too sure how to turn on? The only way I can see it switch on briefly is by switching the headlights on and then off. Can someone tell me how it's suppose to work? Cheers!

2 ways to connect them.

One way is to connect to Connector K, Pin 4.
    This is the wire that comes from the cabin dome lights and goes to the MICU which controls them.
    This way the footwell lights come on with the dome light.

The other way is to use the option connector and hook them up to the sidelight +12v pin

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R
    Thanks for the reply. The issue I'm having here is the car already has the lights fitted as a factory standard but so far I haven't been able to utilise it? It doesn't come on when the headlights are on or when the doors are opened etc. I'm tempted to connect it myself as mentioned but would rather not if there's a reason why it isn't coming on.

Bad ground.
    Fuse

Hard to say.
    Need to look at it to see how it is wired up.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    If it's factory, when you unlock the car they should come on. Open the door they should turn on as well. If the headlights are on then the footwell lights are on but very dim. During normal driving with head lights off, the lights are also off.

Member Array
    Car:
    EU3, FN2R, S2K
    Also its not factory standard it was an optional add on
    Mr.PT