Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hondata Flashpro now working with AT 07-08 ECU

Hondata has announced that an automatic ecu off an 07-08 TSX can be used on 04-06 TSX's with a manual transmission. FlashPro Manager 1.7.2 allows a manual transmission calibration to be written onto an automatic transmission ecu.

You can pick up a used AT 07-08 ECU for $100 on car-part.com There seems to be alot more availbale . You can pick up Flashpro for $600 brand new if you look hard enough.

This could be a more worth while choice with more features compared to just getting an ecu reflash.

This announcement could mean cheaper prices for Littlebo's homebrew re-flash.

http://www.hondata.com/flashpro_tsx.html
    Last edited by hanzzi; 02-02-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    03 Accord Euro CL9, FlashPro, 06 TSX Intake Cam, 40* VTC, RBC IM, J35 TB, RDX Injectors, WeaponR header, 2.5 Catback Exhaust, Pivot Mega Raizin

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Certainly is a good thing, since flashpro all but screwed the spare market for manual tsx ECUs

Now however, it's eventually going to drive up the cost of auto TSX ECUs... Auto folks would be expected to pay more for wrecked ECUs, abit not the same extent as the manual folks.

It is a zero. sum. game.

Hondata is only doing this now because Ktuner is pretty much ready for the US market and Ktuner can use ECU off a CRV/Accord etc. That's makes Ktuner 1/3rd more cost effective than Flashpro.

Now for the manual folks all you endup saving is the cost of the tsx ecu, which is $400 odd since a manual 07 TSX ecu most cost upwards $400 USD. Cost of Flashpro, shipping and dealer visit for key coding remains static (and increasing):

All the while the AUD is dropping, it went from 1.07 USD to 1 AUD to now 0.87 USD to 1 AUD, a 20% drop in the period of 6mth, and if the RBA is correct they we're looking at a further drop to 0.85 or even lower.

The Flashpro setup maybe 20% cheaper but aud's dropped by that much anyhow, so you aren't any better off the folks who got flashpro when au was high.

Interesting times ahead.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 03-02-2014 at 01:08 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Hey dood, i dont wanna be a dick but

1. Nothing new here, any1 can use AT ecu in MT car. New fpm release can shut off few annoying CELs on the dash, thats it.

2. Hope you know that AT ecu dont have reverse lockout circuitry and hope you understand what does it mean. I cant imagine your hapiness when youll throw in R instead of 4 or 6 somewhere on hwy. Cooool eh ?

So this options is only good for extremely optimistic cheapasses with balls of steel. And also add 300-400 on top for tune, this box isnt a gold fish, it will not work if you just plug it and say - cmon , i wish my car to be a beast ))

Id also like to say that flashpro only worth for ppl who will really mod their engine. You will not be able to find more juice on stock car with fp vs reflash.

So im still on top with this offer ) And more to say , when the spring comes im gonna make few cals for popular setups like rbc+tsx cam + headers . So any1 can trow in few parts , add reflash and enjoy.
    Last edited by littlebo; 03-02-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
    Hey dood, i dont wanna be a dick but

1. Nothing new here, any1 can use AT ecu in MT car. New fpm release can shut off few annoying CELs on the dash, thats it.

2. Hope you know that AT ecu dont have reverse lockout circuitry and hope you understand what does it mean. I cant imagine your hapiness when youll throw in R instead of 4 or 6 somewhere on hwy. Cooool eh ?

So this options is only good for extremely optimistic cheapasses with balls of steel. And also add 300-400 on top for tune, this box isnt a gold fish, it will not work if you just plug it and say - cmon , i wish my car to be a beast ))

Id also like to say that flashpro only worth for ppl who will really mod their engine. You will not be able to find more juice on stock car with fp vs reflash.

So im still on top with this offer ) And more to say , when the spring comes im gonna make few cals for popular setups like rbc+tsx cam + headers . So any1 can trow in few parts , add reflash and enjoy.
    You seem very defensive with Hondata's new announcement.

Flashpro might not be for everyone but i was merely informing the Euro/TSX CL9 community here in Aus of there options.

Anyone who is planning to do some mods later down the track could benefit the new changes with the price on AT ecu's being releativly cheap at the moment. You can get a decent E-tune from Brian Tuning, Vitviper and the like for $150.

Yes anyone considering getting an AT ECU for flashpro has to consider that there is no lockout circutry for reverse.

For the people who just want to leave there car stock but want the extra juice your reflash will probably benifit them.

I was no way intending to talk down your hombrew tune service rather i would like to congratulate you on bringing another option to our Euro/TSX community.
    03 Accord Euro CL9, FlashPro, 06 TSX Intake Cam, 40* VTC, RBC IM, J35 TB, RDX Injectors, WeaponR header, 2.5 Catback Exhaust, Pivot Mega Raizin

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzzi View Post
    I was no way intending to talk down your hombrew tune service rather i would like to congratulate you on bringing another option to our Euro/TSX community.
    Not TSX, just Euro's with the Mitsushiba-made ECU with no can-bus. :-)
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not TSX, just Euro's with the Mitsushiba-made ECU with no can-bus. :-)
    You got me

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Although we can do Kelhin ECU's as well, but theres none native here, so I'd rather concentrate by effort on CR-V / Wide body Accord /Odyssey after CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Nah man, not defensive, i just want you to be more realistic and once you want to inform community you have to show all cons besides of pros. I asked lots of guys and seems like most of em dont understand what reverse lockout is and how important it is.
    Btw , i can do TSX also but since OZ have no TSX - no sense to discuss it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    You cannot e-Tune a K series, regardless of what anyone says. I spent 8 hours finishing an e-Tune from Vit on a FN2R and the car drove a million times better and used approx 15% less fuel (had high 11.x:1 afr's, tuned back to around 13:1 afr) once i had finished the tune.

Hondata is not the ducks nuts of tuning options. KTuner, Haltech & reflashes are all great options which people need to start taking notice of
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Man , its all about SW ... Hondata has many bugs and FN2 is a bitch to tune ! Lots of ppl have problems with em. But CL9 are tunable , depends of how good tuner is. E-tune is also depends of 2 sides , a guy whos making logs must understand what he is doing and how it works, logs must be stable. Since there is a lot of time ( days , weeks ) between runs , conditions must be as constant as possible. I agree that dyno tune , road tune and log tune is different things but anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    You cannot e-Tune a K series, regardless of what anyone says. I spent 8 hours finishing an e-Tune from Vit on a FN2R and the car drove a million times better and used approx 15% less fuel (had high 11.x:1 afr's, tuned back to around 13:1 afr) once i had finished the tune.

Hondata is not the ducks nuts of tuning options. KTuner, Haltech & reflashes are all great options which people need to start taking notice of
    With all due respect stndrd its quite a big call your making that you cannot e-Tune Kseries engines. There would be hundreds if not thousands of people around the world get their car e-Tuned. I personaly got my euro tuned by Vit and know of others that have and our car performs amazing with good gas mileage.
    Ofcourse you cant compare an e-Tune with a dyno tune but for the price of an e-Tune its quite impressive.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    its possible to tune by logs as good as dyno. But there must be perfect logs performer and lots of time.