Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    It's fine to put 225 45 18 on. Very little difference.
    You might not be insured in an accident by putting a skinnier tyre.

You can use a 245x40x18 without effecting the speedo or your insurance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    You might not be insured in an accident by putting a skinnier tyre.

You can use a 245x40x18 without effecting the speedo or your insurance.
    yes that maybe but just saying 225 and 235 have little to none difference in traction, however 225's generally has lower weight rating so if going 225, must find ultra performance ones like ku36 with very hard side wall. Side wall does make a difference in cornering and protection of of the rim. If you can find 225 with 98Y-100 it should be perfectly fine and it is legal means it would not affect insurance imho. Unless your insurance co is very anal.

My Bro's RX8 is also 18x8 stockies and uses 225/45 tyres as factory. It's just the accord euros are heavier and requires a straighter wall and higher weight rating so it would not collapse during cornering.

my 2cents.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    wow ty
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Currently use dunlop sport maxx RT. Highly recommended for quiet, grippy, and comfort tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by mixmelb View Post
    Currently use dunlop sport maxx RT. Highly recommended for quiet, grippy, and comfort tyre.
    Agreed that these are grippy but not very quiet.

Does anyone have Michilin Sport/Super Sports - are they worth the extra $$$?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    GoodYear are doing the buy 4 pay 3 sale again, so it might be a good time to upgrade. F1 Asy are going for $205 each for 225/40R18, and they are a good quiet and grippy tyre.

I wouldn't bother with Mich SS, overkill for Euro IMHO. And I've found Michilins to not age well.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    I am actually using Nexen Nfera SU1's good handeling in try and wet travelled less then 10k http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/tyres/...exen/nfera-su1

I rang up Jaxquickfit and asked about the Bridgestone buy 4 pay 3 sale for my CU2 Lux, the guy said i should just go with the Hankook V12 Evo for $198 ea.

Will replace 2 front tyres with the Hankook and then put my CU2 on carsales :-).

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by minhdung1911 View Post
    I rang up Jaxquickfit and asked about the Bridgestone buy 4 pay 3 sale for my CU2 Lux, the guy said i should just go with the Hankook V12 Evo for $198 ea.
    all tire shops will push the tyres they get most margin on. its a directional wont be as quiet as an asymmetric tire

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    all tire shops will push the tyres they get most margin on. its a directional wont be as quiet as an asymmetric tire
    I thought so when he was trying to talk me into the Hankook. I'm gonna sell the CU2 so this doesn't matter anymore :-).