Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

CU2 quiet tyres on 18" stock rims

OK, my tyres are hitting the wear indicators and I notice that the stock Michelins become noisy (that is started to rumble) as it wears out.

Anyone recommend a very quiet touring tyre I should be looking at getting? Im after comfort and silence rather that all out grip. I do heaps of km per year, nearly 30,000km last year.
    Last edited by BigBen; 16-02-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Avan dB's? http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-dB.aspx

You do sacrifice some handling for the quietness though.

Thanks I'll see how much they are today. Any other tyres I should be looking at? The original Michelins looks like its going to last about 50,000km but the noise is driving me nuts.
    Last edited by BigBen; 17-02-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Michilan Primacy 3 ST are supposed to be really quiet too and competes with the Advan dB's (They're a replacement for both the sports orientated HP - (used on the stock luxury wheels) and the comfort based LC)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, I would go for the Advan DV V551. Yokohama's are known to be quieter than their competitor equiv, and that specific tyre model is designed to be quiet. I can't remember what the UTQG rating was exactly, but the treadwear rating was fairly high, and they are low RR tyres, so they should do 30000 km quite easily, even 50000 shouldn't be a stretch. I've got Conti CSC3 and I think they have either a 260 or 280 rating, and after 20 000 km, they still have over 70%. The Yoko's would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Michilan Primacy 3 ST are supposed to be really quiet too and competes with the Advan dB's (They're a replacement for both the sports orientated HP - (used on the stock luxury wheels) and the comfort based LC)
    I have the Michelins HP Primacy and they were ok when you but as the tyres wear out they get louder and louder. Not sure what the difference is between the Primacy models thou.

I've price up the Advan DV V551, and they range from $295.00 to $370.00 each depending if you call shops in the west, or eastern suburbs.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    yoko db i got 45000 out of them
    michelins 45000 out of them
    yoko advans.. 30000 super grip though lol
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

^ Did you notice much reduction in drive going from michi's to the db's?

My front tyres are wearing out too. Noisy as hell. I'm looking at Bridgestone RE050A from Kmart for $332 (Brisbane). I'm also after quietness and comfort. Does anyone know how this compares against Yoko DB?

Im not sure if the Michilan Primacy 3 ST comes in the 235-45-18 size but the Advan DB V551 does.
    The Bridgestones RE050A are on special at the local Bob Jane Tmart for $265.00. This is what they were trying to flog to me when I ask for a price for the Advan DB.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    ^ Did you notice much reduction in drive going from michi's to the db's?
    overall driving exp was better in the db's but just ever so slightly. im also surprised the michs lasted as long as they did
    what gets wet ...while its drying?