Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Im not sure if the Michilan Primacy 3 ST comes in the 235-45-18 size but the Advan DB V551 does.
    The Bridgestones RE050A are on special at the local Bob Jane Tmart for $265.00. This is what they were trying to flog to me when I ask for a price for the Advan DB.
    RE050A are OEM tyres on a lot of sports cars. It's a good tyre, but it's not the longest lasting one. Wear rating of 140 is quite low, so you would be changing around every 20 000 - 25 000km. It's a performance tyre, and from the Max Performance group as well (Tyres are grouped in Extreme, Max, Ultra High, High, GT for summer tyres; obviously the higher tier it is, the more grippy it is, with most extreme tyres being semi-slicks). I would think Advan DB would go into the GT spec. Don't let the GT fool you though, as it's still a summer tyre, so it'll still grip a lot better than all weather tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    I too had the same issues with the Michelin HP's, couldn't get rid of them soon enough - they just wouldn't wear out! I have had the GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 on for 8 months now and very pleased. They may be a bit more expensive than some of the other options, but they ride well, are quiet and seem to be wearing very well. Watch the YOK dB - I think they have too low a speed rating for the 18" LUX to be legal.

Ride comfort and noise were the most important issues for me in tyre selection, but they handle well also. Wouldn't go near the RE050A for noise, ride and wear.

I'm enjoying the EURO so much more having got rid of those Michelin's!
    Last edited by mpricecs; 28-02-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by mpricecs View Post
    I too had the same issues with the Michelin HP's, couldn't get rid of them soon enough - they just wouldn't wear out! I have had the GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 on for 8 months now and very pleased. They may be a bit more expensive than some of the other options, but they ride well, are quiet and seem to be wearing very well. Watch the YOK dB - I think they have too low a speed rating for the 18" LUX to be legal.

Ride comfort and noise were the most important issues for me in tyre selection, but they handle well also. Wouldn't go near the RE050A for noise, ride and wear.

I'm enjoying the EURO so much more having got rid of those Michelin's!
    youre right about euro not being fun with michelin hps
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    has anyone purchased off tirerack.com ? I remember getting a quote before for international shipping and it still ends up cheaper than buying locally if you put all the costs incl. mounting/balancing etc.

A bit interested in these:
    Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS 98W, wear rating of 400 AA A USD$664. Waiting for shipping quote.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Yes i"ve purchased some tyres from Tirerack.
    Very good service,they arived in 5 days, no problems.
    will do it again.
    just dont go over a $1000 total because of duty tax

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Tirerack is good, but from memory, only if the tyres are worth over $250 each. So for extreme high performance tyres, ones that usually go for around $350-400 mark, they make for great value. For tyres that are usually under $200, shipping really kills it. I think last I checked, it was $170 freight for 4 tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    just got reply back from tirerack - it is $295USD to ship... It isn't worth it for the tyres less than $200. It's definitely worth for tyres worth over $300-400.00 . Also they can't export Bridgestone's tyres as they have a contract with tirerack which denies them from exporting to overseas for marketing reasons. That's too bad.

GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 235/45/18 was quoted AU$319 ea by Goodyear and it is only US$165 on tirerack. I am waiting for shipping quote now.
    Last edited by minhdung1911; 05-03-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by minhdung1911 View Post
    GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 235/45/18 was quoted AU$319 ea by Goodyear and it is only US$165 on tirerack. I am waiting for shipping quote now.
    I got quoted on these too. $299usd shipping + $165x4 + $30x4 fitting/balance

You're looking at about AUD$1115.xx + $120 for fitting and balance. = Total of ~AUD$1235.xx +/- 1to2% difference (currency exchange etc).

This equates to around $305-$310 each... If aussie shop charge $319 then you're better off just buying here for the convenience.
    Last edited by rokkuchan; 05-03-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    I got quoted on these too. $299usd shipping + $165x4 + $30x4 fitting/balance

You're looking at about AUD$1115.xx + $120 for fitting and balance. = Total of ~AUD$1235.xx +/- 1to2% difference (currency exchange etc).

This equates to around $305-$310 each... If aussie shop charge $319 then you're better off just buying here for the convenience.
    Yeah, you're right :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I've just ordered 4x Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 235 45 18 @180each. Reviews seems to be very well.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Revie...+V12+Evo+(K110)

Noise is my current issue with the Michelins so hope these would do well.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    I've just ordered 4x Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 235 45 18 @180each. Reviews seems to be very well.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Revie...+V12+Evo+(K110)

Noise is my current issue with the Michelins so hope these would do well.
    Cant find these in 235 45 18? Where did you buy them?