Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by minhdung1911 View Post
    Cant find these in 235 45 18? Where did you buy them?
    Here you go

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/235-45-18...05158cd&_uhb=1

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    Ahhhh. Thanks Rokkuchan!!

I've just ordered 4x Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 235 45 18 @180each. Reviews seems to be very well.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Revie...+V12+Evo+(K110)

Noise is my current issue with the Michelins so hope these would do well.
    They are on ebay.com.au for $180.00 each.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Got the Hankook Ventus V12 mounted today! and WOW what a huge difference! Steering response was completely different compared to those Michelins. - Allowed smoother steering response and feedback. It's a hell lot quieter now and comfort is very good for 45 profile tyres.

It just happened to poor down rain for a little bit today but was very wet enough for me to test it out. Wet grip is also very good but i did manage to make VSC blink a little while doing some spirited cornering. This is due to not breaking in the tyres yet so i expect it to be a hell lot more grippy after first 1000kms done.

Overall - highly recommended and bang for buck tyres!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    whats it like compared to the pirelli p1?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    whats it like compared to the pirelli p1?
    Never had P1 in any of my cars before so can't say. But my friend has M3 which has PZeros as oem and the m3 community has widely raved about these same tyres compared to the pzeros.

Got the Hankook Ventus V12 mounted today! and WOW what a huge difference! Steering response was completely different compared to those Michelins. - Allowed smoother steering response and feedback. It's a hell lot quieter now and comfort is very good for 45 profile tyres.

It just happened to poor down rain for a little bit today but was very wet enough for me to test it out. Wet grip is also very good but i did manage to make VSC blink a little while doing some spirited cornering. This is due to not breaking in the tyres yet so i expect it to be a hell lot more grippy after first 1000kms done.

Overall - highly recommended and bang for buck tyres!
    Whats the treadwear number for this tyre?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    whats the treadwear number for this tyre?
    280-aa-a

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    youre right about euro not being fun with michelin hps
    Quote Originally Posted by mpricecs View Post
    I too had the same issues with the Michelin HP's, couldn't get rid of them soon enough - they just wouldn't wear out! I have had the GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 on for 8 months now and very pleased. They may be a bit more expensive than some of the other options, but they ride well, are quiet and seem to be wearing very well. Watch the YOK dB - I think they have too low a speed rating for the 18" LUX to be legal.

Ride comfort and noise were the most important issues for me in tyre selection, but they handle well also. Wouldn't go near the RE050A for noise, ride and wear.

I'm enjoying the EURO so much more having got rid of those Michelin's!
    I've still got my OEM Michellin HP's on with 75% of the tread left on them after 80,000 ks, they rumble at low speed and have a constant whurring sound at med to high speed. The are the noisiest tyre I've ever had on any car. It feels like I'm driving a 4WD with chunky off road tyres or a truck. They don't seem to want to wear out ! I've spoken to the dealer about them a few times and all I get is differing responses such as the rear negative camber causes them to wear unevenly & that they are a soft compound high grip tyre which makes them suseptible to uneven wear. I don't want to replace them any earlier than I have to, as it just doesn't make any economical sense to so, however they drive me crazy with the constant excessive noise. If I wait till their worn out I may be waiting for ever at the current wear rate. When I do eventually get my next tyres, the No. 1 consideration will be very low noise level, I couldn't give a damn about the grip, thats what the VSC is for. Anyway just wanted to vent about these crap tyres. Not enjoying my ride for some time now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyeuro View Post
    I've still got my OEM Michellin HP's on with 75% of the tread left on them after 80,000 ks, they rumble at low speed and have a constant whurring sound at med to high speed. The are the noisiest tyre I've ever had on any car. It feels like I'm driving a 4WD with chunky off road tyres or a truck. They don't seem to want to wear out ! I've spoken to the dealer about them a few times and all I get is differing responses such as the rear negative camber causes them to wear unevenly & that they are a soft compound high grip tyre which makes them suseptible to uneven wear. I don't want to replace them any earlier than I have to, as it just doesn't make any economical sense to so, however they drive me crazy with the constant excessive noise. If I wait till their worn out I may be waiting for ever at the current wear rate. When I do eventually get my next tyres, the No. 1 consideration will be very low noise level, I couldn't give a damn about the grip, thats what the VSC is for. Anyway just wanted to vent about these crap tyres. Not enjoying my ride for some time now.
    these michelin tyres seem to age and deteriorate a lot faster than other tyres as they age they get very hard. Not sure they're soft compound, to have better treadwear usually the trade off is having harder compound.

I got the Hankooks now and loving it! Peace and quiet at last. I also managed to sold the set of michelins on gumtree for $150.00 with at least 3mm left on them. Perhaps find someone who doesn't care about noise and sell it to them or find someone who does track a lot or drifting and sell them your old set to get new set?

these michelin tyres seem to age and deteriorate a lot faster than other tyres as they age they get very hard. Not sure they're soft compound, to have better treadwear usually the trade off is having harder compound.

I got the Hankooks now and loving it! Peace and quiet at last. I also managed to sold the set of michelins on gumtree for $150.00 with at least 3mm left on them. Perhaps find someone who doesn't care about noise and sell it to them or find someone who does track a lot or drifting and sell them your old set to get new set?
    Euro has a sort of annoying size for tires as they are quite rare and almost always pay a slight premium. My Michelin HP were still meaty after 50000kms but they have completely dried up and was some stress cracks developing on the edges (although I do basically drive it like a race car). I had a set of Nankang NS2 put on for $160 fitted a corner which was a pretty decent deal, although if you can take advantage of the bridgestone deal 4 for 3, you'll have better quality tires.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    It's fine to put 225 45 18 on. Very little difference.