Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ozhonda Trader Array
    cceebz , is the gearbox still on the car ?! If so you could bring it over , so we can go for a test drive and go from there . As chez00 says it will be really expensive changing all the gears except if you go with shorter gears etc. .
    www.extremeprojectworld.com
    Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    Need someone in Brisbane to offer me their services?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    pm vvvtec or tbm.
    they can help you easy.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    vvvtec messages are full

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Ill pm u soon natey.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Ill pm u soon n8y.
    Fixed
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Inb4 six speed
    SSpamily

Natey - before you spend too much money try this simple fix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZsuorFV6EU

I know it seems like it might not work but I tried it with my LSVTEC that I've built; B16a gearbox was crunching really badly on the 2nd to 3rd shift at 6500+ rpm up shifts.
    I can tell you it was a significant crunch too - my mate in a Evo 6 in the next lane heard it when we took off from the lights on night......

I did this simple fix and now have a further 15,000km on the car with no issues - no more high speed crunch.

In case the link doesn't work - what you do is start the car (DO NOT DO THIS IN YOUR GARAGE) find someplace with a bit of room in front of the car; pull the handbrake on tight - really tight; then without pressing the clutch pedal in, select the gear that the crunch is happening in - eg if its 3 to 4; push the gear selector towards 4th gear - don't push it so hard that you actually go into gear but press it to the point that you see the rpms on the car dip your just prelaoding the tops of the synchro cones and allowing them to be deglazed, hold it in this position for about 1 to 2 minutes and then release; reapply again 1 to 2 minutes after waiting about 3 minutes; and a 3rd and final time.

As mentioned above once the synchro rings cones have been deglazed they will allow the oil in the gearbox to 'bite' better and help the next gear get up to speed prior to the change in gear hence no more crunch.

Take the car out and see whether your gear crunch has gone.

This will cost you nothing other than your time and you might feel a bit stupid if you push too hard and stick it into gear - hence the handbrake being on and stalling the car.

It seriously worked on my B16a - I was right at the point of pulling the box to drop the synchros and replace.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    1ht86teg, this worked a charm... no more grinding?

Hi Natey,

Is the 'box still performing well? Would hope so as my LSV is all good still without the grind/crunch.