Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Condition of leather seats in your S2000

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know the condition of your leather seats and if anyone has any tips on maintaining the leather to prolong its life.

My AP1 has 65,000kms and I think its very clean! The seat lower bolster has sagged quite a bit and I am starting to see white on the upper bolster (as if pieces of the red leather have started to come off.

Picture below:

Has anyone else experienced this at such low kms?
    Last edited by EP3TYPER; 18-02-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    could you take a pic of the entire bolster area?

There's no wear on the other part of the bolster?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    well that doesnt seem too bad from the pic - but you said in your post the lower bolster has sagged? Either I am struggling to see it in that pic or it isn't clear.

as for maintenance - you can probably just use leather care products (e.g. maguires, etc) to maintain the leather quality. As for the bolster, just be careful getting in and out of the car not to sit on the side bolster too much (but that is probably quite obvious)

also - congrats on the S! If I'm not wrong, you were recently hunting for one for a while?

Thanks ye you are right, thanks! Your one must have pretty similar km's to mine, maybe a little more, how are your seats? Any pics? Have you lost any of the top coat yet?

As requested, harder to see though.

Edit* Should also mention, I never said my seats were bad, I know they are quite good compared to other ones, I am just looking at people who have had the same issue with similar kms to me

Last edited by EP3TYPER; 18-02-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    yeh mine has 78k km now and the lower bolster looks to be fairly similar in condition to yours in terms of sag... I probably should be taking more care with getting in and out. I haven't lost any of the top coat yet though.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    68K and I have the collapsed seat padding and wear on the side.

I think we have to admit Honda didn't use the best quality lester for these seats and the foam leaves something to be desired also.

I know someone on S2ki had the foam repaired by an auto upholsterer and you can always have new leather made. But for a good job you're looking at $3500 or so in Aus.

What kind of wear on the side? Top coat coming off or is it just crinkled?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Similar although slightly worse than yours.

Mine was actually torn very early on and my upholsterer had a guy come in and repair it.

I'd it true what people say; that's it's never the same once reupholstered?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'd say that's true.

If you get a cheap job it'll look lousy. If you get an expensive job it'll probably look like a Ferrari seat in Honda.

I'd go for the latter.

i wouldnt spend any money on reconditioning the s2k seats, rather go aftermarket