Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

The Nutter Basta#d. Ek1 build.

(Pictures have been removed to make space in account for sale post)

Okay, so, since I know just how much you, the world of OzHonda love build threads, I thought it may be time to introduce The Nutter. My apologies go out for keeping you in the dark for so long, I am a few months along already. Please bare with me as this first post may be lengthy.
    Some of you may have seen my most recent posts, some may have even helped. I have been having electrical issues after a b swap. The culprit was a damaged immobiliser within the ecu, a previous owner had removed the PCB chip instead of correctly bypassing the immo. Please hear my warning, just because the fuel primes and the engine turns over with the rare start hear and there, DOES NOT mean the immobiliser is working correctly. I have since fixed the issue and am full steam ahead.
    It has been an interesting few months with it's ups and mostly downs, long nights filled with dirty hands, bloody knuckles and the common cuss.

Pictures are coming, for the meantime please bare with me and use some imagination.

I introduce to you The Nutter. She started out as an ek1, d16y4 with just shy of 160,000kms on the clock. Standard interior, original paint and alpine stars 17" wheels.
    Nothing to boast nor get excited about.

Just like any 17 year old boy, the first thing I purchased was a stereo. Two 12" pioneer subs, a sony explode mono amp and pioneer 4 channel to power the already installed sony explode 6x9's and tweeters with standard sony crossovers.

From hear we move to the new wheels, 17's and then 16's. Yet still, I'm looking for newer and better, my eyes are currently on a set of rota grids, drift teks or bbs's.

With a new filter, resonator removed ( the inner lining was rusting out and leaving a "ssshhhh" sound). She is breathing better and chewing more fuel [ 98 only of course ]

A new set of coilovers, koni yellows, dampener and two stage height adjustability was perfect for a budget, accompanied by a set of king springs and she was sitting lower.

After 12 months of the d series, and getting quite bored, it was time for a heart transplant. I was always sold on the b18c and fair had delivered a c7 right in my lap. Perfect.
    With two guys who had never done a swap before, in a mates garage that was too small for what we had planned, we had her swapped in. A face full of freon, the incorrect t mount and aftermarket mounts which did not line up correctly, 8am starts and 5am finishes, two wrong engine looms, new distributor internals and a faulty immobiliser.
    These are just the surface of our weekend and coming months. I'll get into detail about that all later.

This is just the beginning of the plans I have, from what was meant to be a drag car to the now track and mountain twisties. This girl has some major surgery ahead. Keep an eye out at future events and don't be shy to help with my research. If I post a brand or item I want and you have had a bad experience or think there is something better, please tell me. I am always learning and eager to hear directly from others.

It is now midnight and I'm working tomorrow. For now I say good night and check back soon.
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 12-11-2014 at 11:19 AM.