Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Accord Euro 2009 Auto or 2007? (Problems with 09 model)

HI guys,

I have now decided to buy the accord euro 2009 Auto (pref Luxury model). But I have heard a lot about the problem with engine oil consumption and the ping noise from the engine. Also there seems to be an issue with the ATF ( Automatic Transmission Fluid) which leads to the transmission overheating. [Also I believe not all cars have these problems]

Initially I was not looking at spending too much money and wanted to stick with 06ish model. But I thought may be I can invest money in a better, problem free car.

I am now in a dilemma as to which one to go for! IS there is foolproof way to check a 08-09 (8th Gen) model for the above issues to avoid buying a lemon?

Much appreciate the help

Cheers.
    Last edited by Para777; 22-02-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Make sure ALL logbook servicing is done per logbook
    Get a low km model that hasn't been abused
    ATF fluid changes are not done til 120 xxxkms
    And while you are there replace the inline filter for the AT
    Make sure car has always been run on 98, and consult with owner/dealer if the car has had the ecu upgrade for pinging problem
    Also check the car when it is cold as that's where most of the wear on the engine is heard
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

ive got one, 120XXX km and going well.
    never had any of those issues that you mentioned but i did have the driver side speaker crackle. that got replaced with all new fit out.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    tHEY ARE GENERALLY EXCELLENT CARS,just make sure its in excellent condition and has been well cared for by its previous owner.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    I've the '09. Apart from it being heavy and slow until you rev it hard, i'm really happy with it - its a really nice place to sit. Especially comparing it with the previous liberty and mazda 6 - the interior finish is of an entirely different quality.

It's a great cruiser - just beware of higher fuel use if you dont get to highway drive often. Mine sits at about 11-12L/100k with an average speed on the daily drive of about 40km/h.