Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury

Talking CL9 2006 AT Reflash Review

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to be one of the earlier ones to have my ECU reflashed by Fred. I had it done one almost two weeks ago so now I feel like I can write a proper review on it. I had a drive down the surf coast along the great ocean road, as well as lots of daily driving; commuting to work.

Currently, the only relevant modification I have is a CT Engineering Icebox.

Prior to the reflash, the car was lacking in acceleration and there was a substantial amount of throttle lag. It felt unresponsive.

After the reflash however, the CL9 became a completely different car. The first thing you notice is the elimination of throttle lag. As soon as you put your foot down you can feel it pull!

There is also a very noticeable increase in torque and low end power, which is great for daily driving. The car pulls like it's never done before. I think that's the first time it's properly thrown me back in my seat.

It's hard to understand what Fred means by "riding the torque" but once you drive it, you'll get it.

As for fuel consumption, there's a huge improvement. Driving under 2k rpm (eco mode) you can easily get around 7.5L/100km. What surprised me the most though, was that even though when I drove slightly more aggressively than normal, I still managed to get decent fuel economy.

This is a screenshot of a full tank (Vortex 95) driving half eco, half normal. (attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	26435

In line to what Fred mentioned to me, I found that 95 octane out performed 98 octane after the reflash despite it being the other way around pre-reflash.

The bottom line is, best $500 you'll spend on your car if you don't want to fork out thousands for a custom tune.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thanks for the review. Does it impact on any of the other features of the car such as VSA, traction control, ABS etc? Or is everything the same as stock, just with all the torquey goodness added on?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    No worries. Happy to answer and questions you have.

The great thing is it doesn't affect any features at all. The Rev limit has been increased to 7600, and when shifting up from 1st gear, rpm doesn't drop so much. Heaps of torquey goodness added on

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Think of it like the hondaa reflash, does not impact any system functions
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I can't wait to get it.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Full tank with I/H/E 98 Vpower = 640 km for me.

now trying the 95 BP
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Only in Melb?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru42 View Post
    Only in Melb?
    Some queenslanders were just flashed 2 weeks ago.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Some queenslanders were just flashed 2 weeks ago.
    Hahaha.... sorry took it the other way....

How and where at? my mates servicing my car next week so would be nice to get it all done together. Service is getting done at HPR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    Full tank with I/H/E 98 Vpower = 640 km for me.

now trying the 95 BP
    How did you go with 95 octane?

I've just had mine reflashed and wondering if I'm wasting my money using 98 octane.
    1994 Honda Integra DC4

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by markcrx View Post
    How did you go with 95 octane?

I've just had mine reflashed and wondering if I'm wasting my money using 98 octane.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
    Bud , this engine been designed for 95. using 98 or higher on this stock engine = waste of money.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...89#post3878489

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    FOR REFLASH DETAILs

And booking

Go to

https://sites.google.com/site/accordeuroreflash/faq-s
    Last edited by Fredoops; 23-06-2022 at 02:00 AM.