S2000 click noise

Hi guys,

When I start my car (cold start) and rev it to about 3k Rpm quickl, as soon as I release the accelerator there is a click noise that comes from the engine bay and the cluster flickers once as well.
    Anyone know what this could be? Is it normal?

Ross

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Aircon?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Aircon isn't on though?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Why are you revving it when it's cold?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Well when I turned it on it clicked and then I thought I would see if revving it a bit would stop the issue. Experimenting really

Its not like I redlined it lol. You would get up to 3000 as soon as you drive down the street.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Then you need to explain that rather than sounding like a careless owner.

Does it happen when warm?

WHat do you mean by turned it on? Started the engine or turned the ignition on?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

When it warms up it doesn't do it.
    When the engine is started after a little while it make a click noise and at the same time the cluster flickers once, I then revved the engine to 3k to see if it would do it, as soon as I release the accelerator it does it but if I rev it to 3k slowly it doesn't do it when I release. Wierd

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Best thing to do is probs get a video clip so people can see if they've had a similar sound/situation. Some engine bay sounds are quite distinct and have a common culprit, whereas others might not... and it is always hard to explain these issues with words.

Heres a video guys, a little difficult to hear but as soon as its revved and it they drop you will notice a flicker in the cluster along with the noise (sounds like a relay)

Edit: Last two revs show the issue

Last edited by EP3TYPER; 24-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.