GE6/8 CMC Delay valve delete?

Hi All

Has anyone here with a M/T 2nd gen done the CMC delay valve delete?

on the Master clutch cylinder there is a "triangular" section which acts as a restrictor to dampen clutch engagement. Idea was to make it easier to drive for novice drivers, but an absolutely pain in the ass for anyone that knows how to drive Manual properly.

There's quite a good guide on the USDM Fit forums but they have different Clutch Master cylinders to the JDM/AUDM models.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    Cant help you, but the mod does sound interesting. I always felt from driving my EG to my GE felt so bad. Maybe this mod would fix the issue.

Hope you get it sorted out, as it seems to be a popular USDM mod on their Fits.

For the USDM fits they can do a swap with a civic CMC, for us it would appear that the GD3 CMC is a direct fit for the GE8 ( based on all the info n pics I could gather) if anyone knows where to get a new GD3 CMC for cheap I'll be happy to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatsu View Post
    Hi All

Has anyone here with a M/T 2nd gen done the CMC delay valve delete?

on the Master clutch cylinder there is a "triangular" section which acts as a restrictor to dampen clutch engagement. Idea was to make it easier to drive for novice drivers, but an absolutely pain in the ass for anyone that knows how to drive Manual properly.

There's quite a good guide on the USDM Fit forums but they have different Clutch Master cylinders to the JDM/AUDM models.
    I can confirm the GD3 right hand drive clutch master cylinder will fit the right hand drive GE8, thereby getting rid of the horrible clutch delay valve. I've just fitted a 2003 aftermarket master cylinder on my 2012 Jazz and the result is a normal clutch with normal feel. Much nicer to drive. No negative effects that I can notice. The mounting studs on the GD3 master cylinder were a bit shorter, but long enough to fit. The push rod (which connects to the pedal) was a bit longer but this was easily swapped with the push rod from the GE8. Otherwise they are a direct swap. The hardest thing is access for fitting. You'll probablly need to remove the battery airbox and inlet manifold to get to it. Therefore I let my mechanic do the work. He got me an aftermarket GD3 master cylinder for about $200 and charged $250 to install it. You can also pick up aftermarket GD3 master cylinders online for as little as $110 delivered from the UK.