Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2 Dash Clock / Mounting gauges

So i'm buying some gauges to monitor temps on track and would like to be tidy with the install.

Popped out the factory clock, and it appears to have all the right power connections, awesome!
    My query is how do I get from this location to a spot through the firewall?
    I fingered around in there, and shone a torch around but couldnt see where i can get a cable through.

Ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    It'll be a really tight fit to get fingers in there and is a pain in the f***in ass. Best way is to take out the climate control unit to make some space.

Looking straight forward at the dash
    -Go down through the clock
    -then behind the climate control, around the air vents pulling cables towards rear of the car
    -down the side towards the passenger foot well where there is a hole in the firewall.

Post pics when you are done, I'm considering a similar setup and would love to see what you come up with
    EK4 Daily Turned Clubsprint Racer
    XH Falcon Ute Tow Hauler/Parts Vehicle

WTAC 2017 is the Dream

I ran my wires via the Oem wiring route (behind cluster) and then into the bay via a grommet on the drivers side.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    I ran my wires via the Oem wiring route (behind cluster) and then into the bay via a grommet on the drivers side.
    so when you pull out cluster, the wiring from the clock heads down in that direction?

Nice dash setup btw!
    I like the 2 gauge holder in the clock location, i dont think the guy who made them in the US still makes them

Na the guy in the USA stopped making them.

If I remember correctly the clock wiring is all Bundled up with the cluster wiring. If you take te cluster out there will be 3 wires running up to left.

It's a tight fit to feed them through no matter what way your go.

There is also a grommet that has wires heading into the bay from up under the dash. If you look in from the bay you will see them. (Wiper controls, lights, brake fluid warning etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Mine is setup like this. I've removed the clock and the pod covers it nicely. Wires run down through the hole and towards the centre console to the Defi Link. Then heads through the hole in the passenger side footwell through the firewall and to where-ever it needs to go.

Nice guys thanks.
    I wonder if i can splice the clock wiring to the gauges, but i guess probably better off running new cables for the gauges as it may overload the capacity of the clock one

I spliced the clock for power. Works fine plus u have constant and acc power available if needed

yeah the 4 wires are exactly the same 4 that i need for the gauges, so would be far easier.
    Just need to run the sensor cables then

That's exactly what I did. Well with in capacity.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    Quote Originally Posted by ddxgabx View Post
    Mine is setup like this. I've removed the clock and the pod covers it nicely. Wires run down through the hole and towards the centre console to the Defi Link. Then heads through the hole in the passenger side footwell through the firewall and to where-ever it needs to go.

I'm admiring this setup,
    With the gauges where the clock use to be.

Just wanted to double check,
    If the guys in blue gave any trouble.

Reason being I have a mate in S15 who got defected for boost gauge mounted on top right hand side near the pillar.