Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ep3 coilovers questions

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried H. Drive coilovers are they worth sinking your money into??
    Also what coils do you recommend that are under 1500??

There are a heap of brands for under 1.5k. Quick google search will give you reviews

BC RM/BR, Buddyclub N+, Ksport street/circuit series, HSD HR, Tein street basics/advance/ss, GAB SS to name a few
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    There are a heap of brands for under 1.5k. Quick google search will give you reviews

BC RM/BR, Buddyclub N+, Ksport street/circuit series, HSD HR, Tein street basics/advance/ss, GAB SS to name a few
    The problem is I can't seem to find anything on hdrive . I'm thinking of getting them as I know someone close who can get Them in

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I've had them for a while now, I got Hdrive N1 on my euro, they are excellent.

10 front 6 rear on the euro, real comfortable, and it's got a nice and chunky shock, instead of the skinny Shock in the tein SS and SB's. Would've gone for the R1 with the external fluid reservoir if I plan on tracking.

Let's be honest here, most of the worlds coils are outta the same facotry in Taiwan (BC). So they'll all have the same flavor (even buddy club, They haven't even JDM for ears now...more like TDM lol)

So brand snobbiness on coilovers is a bit stupid unless you are rocking seriously expansive coils like Augusta/Spoon/KW etc
    Last edited by Fredoops; 26-02-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I've had them for a while now, I got Hdrive N1 on my euro, they are excellent.

10 front 6 rear on the euro, real comfortable, and it's got a nice and chunky shock, instead of the skinny Shock in the tein SS and SB's. Would've gone for the R1 with the external fluid reservoir if I plan on tracking.
    CL9 has double wishbone front and rear...

EP3R totally different car to tune suspension wise =|

I think you can get Bilstein B12s/B14s though depends if you're only after height adjustment or damper as well. What are you planning to use the car for?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Well I have a leaking shock atm so I need to replace the suspension asap. I'm planning to track the car though in the future sometime

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Talk with Josh@sleepingperformance as he imports them . A lot of people in Melbourne are using them .
    www.extremeprojectworld.com
    Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer! View Post
    Talk with Josh@sleepingperformance as he imports them . A lot of people in Melbourne are using them .
    Yea I am getting Josh to get it in, but I wanted to know what other people have to say about them, I haven't been able to find a review on them online. Before I get them. It's always better to get a second opinion

Quote Originally Posted by EpJay View Post
    Well I have a leaking shock atm so I need to replace the suspension asap. I'm planning to track the car though in the future sometime
    Ahhh, no good...

Otherwise would've recommended Fortune Auto as well
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Just gonna end up getting bc

I have HDrive R Spec in my DC5R.. Custom Spring rates 16kg Front 12kg Rear.
    Really good really comfortable and seem to be good quality.
    I've used them on the street aswell as track and the amount of adjustment in the dampening setting can still make my setup very very comfortable.
    Be warned, you MAY need to buy Todd's Upper Steering Bracket to correct the angel of your tie rods otherwise you will need to use inverted end because the way the coilover is designed the mount comes off directly ------ instead of /----- that make sense? I'd actually need to take a photo of my old coils and new ones to explain what i mean..
    There a good coilover and fairly priced but just requires a few extra pieces to make it perfect for usage.

Thanks for your Input this is the answer I was looking. How is the build quality on the product. And would you recommend anything else??