Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disappointed with New Honda Odyssey

Bought new Odyssey 2014 VTI-L and noticed that most of the features are not available such as unlocking doors when walking away from car, Auto Lock doors when taking off, Driver profile memory, Fold mirrors from remote and many more. Not sure who decides from Honda Australia what features should we have and what we should not. I am sure some idiot is sitting there deciding.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    That's something that has always been a bug bear with me when I purchased my 2011 Ody Lux. The user manual has all these fantastic instructions for great features, however they are not available in Australia .

I love my Ody, however I have always been disappointed with the factory SatNav and missing "features". I paid a premium for the Luxury model, yet the SatNav feels like a rubbish Chinese product with less functionality than a standard $150 standalone unit.

Poor show Honda. I'm pretty certain that there are many current Ody owners that when the time comes to upgrade will look at the "New Tarago" made by Honda and opt to go for one of the many other 7 or 8 seaters currently in the market. The people mover crown will definitely be lost.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    It also looks hideous in my view.

Some options are turned OFF according to the cars software - you might be able to turn some on via a OBD2 port interface much like VCDS on European cars.
    As for the things you can't fix why buy the car before doing the research ?

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    It also looks hideous in my view.
    The new model that came out in Feb 2014 looks really good so I won't say its hideous which tempted me to buy odyssey. I hate the old look as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    sounds like you didn't do any reading or research before commmitting a big sum of cash..
    I'm sure you can retrofit/switch on these things anyway
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by varsur View Post
    The new model that came out in Feb 2014 looks really good so I won't say its hideous which tempted me to buy odyssey. I hate the old look as well.
    Say wot?

RB1 damn that sexy thang.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RB3
    I don't like the new (2015) one at all - and still with the pissy 2.4l engine.. it should have the 3.5l V6.

as for those missing features - I had the same issue with my 2013 model, but got over it pretty quick.
    Replaced the stereo with an Alpine unit - much better sound and the latest Nav goodies.
    The Bluetooth in the Alpine is much better too, as you can stream music from a different device than the phone connection.
    Also the Mirrorlink on the Alpine is good for android phone.

Anyways.. /rant for me.
    Digital is Only ON or OFF

not just odyssey. even the flagship legend has lots of features that are omitted from the local australian models.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by SQXPRT View Post
    Replaced the stereo with an Alpine unit - much better sound and the latest Nav goodies.
    The Bluetooth in the Alpine is much better too, as you can stream music from a different device than the phone connection.
    Also the Mirrorlink on the Alpine is good for android phone.
    Two questions:

* Which Alpine deck?
    * Does it interface with the steering wheel buttons?

C!
    (Been an age since I've posted - I sold the 2005 Oddy Lux for a 2010 Oddy Lux, and off to look at a Jazz today. I do like Hondas!

C!

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by C4M View Post
    Two questions:

* Which Alpine deck?
    * Does it interface with the steering wheel buttons?

C!
    (Been an age since I've posted - I sold the 2005 Oddy Lux for a 2010 Oddy Lux, and off to look at a Jazz today. I do like Hondas!

C!
    basically you can do it with any unit, yes the steering button still work, I can make the OEM camera works with the aftermarket headunit, and I can do Full Custom Fiberglass Box on the side for your Odys,

anyway if you want to know more please PM,

cheers
    --
    Last edited by aka_NSX; 23-03-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    basically you can do it with any unit, yes the steering button still work, I can make the OEM camera works with the aftermarket headunit, and I can do Full Custom Fiberglass Box on the side for your Odys,

anyway if you want to know more please PM,

cheers
    --
    Mate, will it still works with their 360 degree camera, etc? But I'm sure Hondalink wont work right (I'm a Samsung user anyway)?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family