Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Jazz VTi CVT

'03 Jazz VTi CVT - Reverse gear not working; p1885 error

Hello friends,

I have an '03 GD VTi CVT Jazz, with 240,00kms on the clock. Recently the Reverse gear has stopped working. When shifted into 'R' gear the car revs as if in neutral.

I have checked the error code and it is returning 'P1885' (along with the 'D' blinking, indicting a crawl mode or sorts?) - problem with CVT drive pulley postion sensor circuit.

I am aware of the well documented problems with the CVT (mine does have the shudder) but i cannot find anything relating to this particular problem. Any experience or suggestions to offer? I have called a few local mechanics but they want nothing to do with it. It could well be the transmission has had it, but the error code seems to indicate it is wiring or PCM-related.

Cheers!

I guess thats the end of your CVT bro, sorry to hear. You could try resetting the start clutch but I doubt it will help it. Only Honda mechanics can diagnose the problem and offer solution. You could try Hannys in Smithfield NSW if you are in Syd, otherwise Honda dealer.

Reverse gear failure is indication of trans failure even on automatic trans, not just CVT