Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5

Dc5 Oxygen Sensor

Hi guys,

I recently just bought a dc5 and below is an explanation of how I resolved the oxy issue. Thought I would share some of my knowledge for those of you who are experiencing this as it's a common issue from what I've heard!

The car had a busted oxy sensor when i bought it so I decided it was time to be changed. Through numerous hours of research I found the best places to source *PRIMARY* oxys.
    Now this is up to personal preference, some people prefer Denso (the one Honda sourced their oxys from) or ones from honda....the same thing, but some people have 'superstitions'. I can clearly clarify that when I pulled my stock one out, it had Denso written on it btw.

For a 'Real Honda One' I found this Japanese/Russian website handy. They also had other interesting things on there. I bought a boot shade hook and got it in the mail after 4 days..FROM JAPAN!
    http://www.impex-jp.com/zip/part-sea...531-PND-A01%09

For a Denso one I found RockAuto in the USA to be the place to go. Also have other stuff for RSX/Tegra so have a look!
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...-2349005-22091

Rockauto is about $150 with postage.
    Impex is about $220 with postage.
    Hope this helps anyone looking for oxys without getting ripped $500 from honda for one!!
    Secondary sensors can also be sourced from Impex for the same price I believe, I'm yet to experiment with Rockauto.

Ps, Impex is a tricky website which took me a little practice to get used to. Feel free to Pm me if wanting a little guidance!
    Last edited by Mothius; 04-03-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Links off