Thread: tyre scrubbing

tyre scrubbing

hi guys just asking i have king springs in my ek 4dr with stock rims but it is scrubing on the inner wheel arch seam next to the spring what have ppl done to stop this as im thinking of getting out the hammer and bashing it flat

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Roll guards
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I let mine scrub itself until it doesn't scrub anymore
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

^^^^^ hahaha .... it dosnt scrup on the guards its more the inside wheel arch on the seam at the front rear only scrubs when reversing down a curb

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I'm not joking, mine only does it when I turn full lock on a hill, the top of the tyre hits the fender lip because tyre too thick (like my 2in penor)

I wouldn't worry about it, just reverse out slow, take your time and no scrub

I dun wan no scrub

Scrub is a gay that can't get no lovin fram meh
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Yer I try going down the curb slow and over bumps slow and side ways but it still scrapes just wanting 2 find out if I need stiffer shocks and if any one has cut or bashed the inner arch seam flat

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    That's more your choice on if you want to be driving a harder ride or having the risk of damaging your fenders

I just left mine, was planning on making mine flat to solve my issue but yh nh cbf

just gets anoying as its not really that low just the suspention shocks are shit may just get coilovers and bash the shit out of the inner arch

get coilovers 20kg front spring and 18kg rear springs will sort out your scrubbing issue, good dampers at that spring rate is good for street to believe or not, from experience. =P
    W.P. 1.10

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    did you replace your shocks after putting in the king springs?

you could also try running a smaller tyre size/profile
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

just has standed shocks with king springs ... yer wanting 2 get some coilovers and a camber kit 2 sort out my problem befor i get new rims