Thread: prelude CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R

prelude CAI

i just installed a simota CAI for my mates 99 prelude vtir, when we gave it for a belting the vtec change didnt sound really loud as when my civics vtec kicks in..

what is it suppose to sound like?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    depends on what exhaust he has as well
    but u should hear a slight noticeable increase sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    did u reset the ecu? disconnect battery for 10 mins, then start car with no throttle at all, let it sit and idle for 10 mins, then switch it off.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    did u reset the ecu? disconnect battery for 10 mins, then start car with no throttle at all, let it sit and idle for 10 mins, then switch it off.
    this realli works?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    i didnt think that was neccessary and i fink the ecu learns on it own, plus i think dont think that will change the sound.

burning fuel for 10min ??

Thats odd, as i have a 97 prelude vtir and just installed a simota CAI on friday, and there was quite a noticable increase in volume and the tone (sounds awesome ), especially in vtec. It should have nothing to do with the ECU in terms of sound anyhow.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    i give my Vtec a pasting with my CAI at night and its a 3rd noise
    thats how good it sounds.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CTR, yea baby
    I've done CAI'z on Civics, Integras and Ludes and not once did i reset the ecu. Once i put the CAI'z on the sound was different as soon as i took it for a strap.

Member Array
    Car:
    89 Prelude
    resetting the ecu can be done quicker by disconnecting the battery and pumping the breaks and turning on the interior light for a couple of minutes. but your computer doesnt need it for a CAI as its always assessing your intake continually anyway

i got a 97 SI lude which is pretty stock as a rock....do u guys think a CAI will make any difference in powerwise???

itll put about 2 kw more but not like a turbo or anything.. but the sounds ****en ausome.... good mod for its price imo