Keep shocks and springs or get coilovers??

Hi guys,

I use my dc5r as a daily, and my rear shockie's leaking. I've tried looking for genuine Honda shockies but apparently they're hard to come by and safest choice is to get ripped off by the Honda dealers.

Since I drive it everyday to go to work, I'm relunctant on getting coilovers. Anyone know where I can get some reliable shockies?

Or if you're pro-coilovers, any suggestions on coilovers that aren't too harsh on the suspension and won't make my daily drive a bumpy one? Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Koni yellow's or Koni Orange are good.

but

once you have shocks ect put in you will be apporaching prices of some coils.

so it's a bit of a ... why not just go all the way kind of thing.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Koni yellow's or Koni Orange are good.

but

once you have shocks ect put in you will be apporaching prices of some coils.

so it's a bit of a ... why not just go all the way kind of thing.
    Ahh ok, Thanks Fred! Where in Australia can I buy the Koni shocks? I've had a search but could only see wholesalers, no retails

Won't coilovers be very hard suspensions? I use my car as a daily and would dread a bumpy ride everyday. I also messed up one of my discs in my lower back so I'm pushing it driving in a bucket seat already :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Where are you located?
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Where are you located?
    I'm in Perth. I guess you have connections in Melb? :P

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsing View Post
    I'm in Perth. I guess you have connections in Melb? :P
    Sydney actually,

wholesale suspension is the shop, they used to be a trader here, they were pretty good. being in perth you'll probably need to look at shipping on top.

Sydney actually,

wholesale suspension is the shop, they used to be a trader here, they were pretty good. being in perth you'll probably need to look at shipping on top.
    Oh ok misleading "location" tag :P Cool I'll have a check at 'wholesale suspension'! Thanks!