Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    PS: I just did a power steering fluid flush following this method:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4lKhX2rUmw

I had 3 bottles and i think its not quite enough..... you'll want 4 bottles/litres for a complete flush
    Thanks Fred. I also did mine a few weeks back (looked so dirty). I did not have such setup (hoses, clamps, etc...) so with the existing hose and small bottle I replaced 1L by turning the steering wheel left and right (on jack stand). Next time I should do it properly like what you have done with 3 or 4 litres.

I haven't done the brake fluid yet. It was done around 5 years ago. Maybe I will get the brake fluid tester (moisture level) from Amazon and see if it needs replacing.
    I hate doing brake fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post

Component: Fuel (petrol) filter
    What does the logbook say (normal schedule):Every 80000 km
    What does the logbook say (severe schedule):Every 40000 km
    What does fredoops say: between 40-60k, 80000km is wayyyy to optimistic considering how crappy some of our fuel is.
    I thought I might share with you with my recent fuel filter change from a car (CL9) I bought with approx 130k km about six weeks ago. Looking at the service manual, the fuel filter has not been changed at the 80k km mark. The car still runs good but the idle has slight vibration that can be felt on the steering wheel (I hope this will fix it, I haven't tried the car yet). The car whom I bought it from was from a colleague at work, lived in Wollongong which is about 80km South of Sydney (fuel quality may not be the best, depending where he fills it from).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel filter.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	29135

This is a cut out of the top of the filter (at 130k km) where the fuel goes in. I then cut off the bottom (outlet) and it is similar in colour to the top.
    For anyone who decided to change the fuel filter please remember to connect the tube between the pump and the filter housing. It caused me a little confusion in why the car didn't start once I changed the filter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Luxury
    Awesome thread, it should be made sticky!