Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just received the infamous Fredoops Reflash

Cliffs:

>Gets up and boogies off the get go, can do most of my daily driving around 2500RPM I think (only just put it in this evening, went for a quickie) so no more throttle lag
    >From 4500-5000RPM onwards, it "wakes up", and pulls hard to the redline of 7600RPM
    >and of course, better fuel efficiency

Thanks again Fred. Best $500 I've spent on the car.

K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    would be great to see before and after cluster vid

I might try and get some vids but I'm just not sure how much they will help, in terms of comparisons. I mean, I've seen guys with the reflash do a vid of their revs, and I couldn't "see" the difference between that and my car before it was reflashed. But now, I can feel it in ma butt. Very strongly.

I could get someone to film it doing a fly by, and then one of the revs I guess.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    BA7
    what what in the butt

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Cluster vid is a BS, speaks nothing ! flashed vs stock side by side on the road vid is good to go. Even without vids you can count how much bodies flashed car jumps in front of stock.

Heres example for those who wanna see real life difference. http://www.drive2.ru/cars/honda/acco...urnal/1872624/ hes one of my MT customers, vids inside

And thanks littlebo for the reflash
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Enjoy the ride !! And its nice to know that reflash pays for itself with better fuel economy ))

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    what is used in the reflash? Can someone give me a bit more info about it?

I have been doing Mitsubishi's Evo7/8's and some Subaru wrxs flashing using the obd2 ports with custom cables. So a bit curious how the accord is done.

To get better fuel economy just by flashing means something is sacrificed. I'm guessing Honda factory defaults af ratio is set to run richer to protect from revheads frying its pistons but if flashing af ratios to run leaner then this could damage pistons over time if you're always revving the shit out of it.

Is the drive-by-wire throttle maps modifiable too?
    Last edited by rokkuchan; 11-03-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    I use emergency cpu backdoor to flash it, obd is only for CAN ecus by keihin, CU2 run it. I respect your tuning exp but b4 making blah blah in this area bout fried pistons and valves take a look at stock AFR first. It runs 11.8-12. even 11.2-11.7 with V6 applications. Fuuuuuuu, its not a turbo !!!
    My car tuned to 13.5 and you have to work hard to find more vtec junkie like me, i used EGT to tune it and its absolutely safe. Reflash tuned to run 12.6-13.2, depends of bolt ons installed. Second point to get better fuel economy - better elasticity and more torque after reflash, guys dont need to rev it to move, less revs = better MPG. Yep , i tuned DBW for better respond too, read the feedbacks to see this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
    I use emergency cpu backdoor to flash it, obd is only for CAN ecus by keihin, CU2 run it. I respect your tuning exp but b4 making blah blah in this area bout fried pistons and valves take a look at stock AFR first. It runs 11.8-12. even 11.2-11.7 with V6 applications. Fuuuuuuu, its not a turbo !!!
    My car tuned to 13.5 and you have to work hard to find more vtec junkie like me, i used EGT to tune it and its absolutely safe. Reflash tuned to run 12.6-13.2, depends of bolt ons installed. Second point to get better fuel economy - better elasticity and more torque after reflash, guys dont need to rev it to move, less revs = better MPG. Yep , i tuned DBW for better respond too, read the feedbacks to see this.
    haha chill no probs man, i dont know much on the Accord yet. Only had it for like a week so yeah havent had a look at the ecu stuff. I know it's not turbo charge so differences in afr behavior is different. Its just a general assumption for all non-modified cars when a simple flash to get gains = or 'CAN BE' risky especially for turbos as you say. Remember factory has done a lot of R&D into tuning ecu/engine for all conditions so like i said before stock always have richer afr to allow for this.

I like to play with these stuff so it will be a whole new learning curve again for tuning my accord, it may be similar to the mivecs. I used ecuflash for the evos.

Thanks for the info.

REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    I'm currently running a modded Euro with I/H/E and Greddy E ultimate piggyback.

It runs well but I would like no DBW lag and more low end torque. How would I go about reflashing my ECU and what is the pricing? I'm based in Sydney.