Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Integras Engine need some Info please

Hello guys im back here to ask the experts again lol.
    im trading my Da9 1990 integra to a friend for a 1994 integra.

i want to know the differences between on both to see if is good for me to trade him the car.
    he has told me that the integra 94 has a B18B2 engine on it while my DA9 has a B18A1 on it i would like to know the differences between them and see what you guys recommend me? DA9 90 B18A1 vs 94 Integra B18B2.
    thanks for all the replies and the help.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Difference is minimal in the engine, 6ish KW but that would be variable and unknown given wear on the motors. DC teg is heavier but not by much so performance almost identical.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I thought A1 was non vtec?

C2 is vtec.

Its more then 6KW difference.

Knowledge

DC2 will be much more fun then the old DA.

Whats wrong with the DC2?

I personally would take the swap. If the DC2 has a straight chassis to be modded. Easy DIY stuff to swap parts over from the DC2R.

If deciding to keep the DA, LS VTEC, poor mans type R motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    C2 is vtec.
    True, the b18c2 engine does have vtec and is more powerful than the mentioned engines either of the cars have.

Quote Originally Posted by integra1506 View Post
    DA9 90 B18A1 vs 94 Integra B18B2
    Its a dc2 gsi vs da9. If straight swap your just going to the newer shape Integra. Powers pretty much the same. Id personally keep the da9 as its different but upto you.
    CeeKay > CK > Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    It's actually the DC4 GSi he is referring to with the B18B2, but thanks for the back up ceekay.

Oh and keep the DA, thems cool
    Last edited by mooshie; 12-03-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    My bad, Didnt read he was referring to a DC4. *Stonner Kunt**

DC4 - does that have the factory ABS? And airbags if so you'd be technically getting a safer car for the road. Cruise control?

Just my 0.02 Dollars worth!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wht86teg View Post
    DC4 - does that have the factory ABS? And airbags if so you'd be technically getting a safer car for the road. Cruise control?

From memory, DC4 didn't have ABS, I think only driver side Airbags. I pretty sure non of the 'performance/sport' 90's Honda's got cruise control from factory.

...ludes got cruise control. If you classify that nugget as sporty. More of a cool looking cruiser if you ask me.
    Last edited by amant02; 13-03-2014 at 02:17 AM.

well yeah guys so what do i do my da9 is defected and go to rengency or should i trade it for the 94 gsi??? which is walk in rego??

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Whats the defect? Pod? Too low? Rims too big?

These things are fixable if you love the car.

If your from syd, hit us a PM ill give you details of a work shop that pass's.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wht86teg View Post

Some of them have ABS depending on what year. '94 I doubt it.

Drivers airbag.

No cruise control.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by integra1506 View Post
    Hello guys im back here to ask the experts again lol.
    im trading my Da9 1990 integra to a friend for a 1994 integra.

i want to know the differences between on both to see if is good for me to trade him the car.
    he has told me that the integra 94 has a B18B2 engine on it while my DA9 has a B18A1 on it i would like to know the differences between them and see what you guys recommend me? DA9 90 B18A1 vs 94 Integra B18B2.
    thanks for all the replies and the help.

The DC4 is a nice car and a good daily. The engine is more modern, it's OBD1 as opposed to OBD0 for the B18A, and it's clutch system is hydro VS cable. Most other things are pretty much the same.

The B18A has a shorter gear set I believe, or at least I can confirm the 5th gear is definitely shorter (about 0.717 VS 0.754). Pretty sure both have a 4.26 final drive. Either way, the gearboxes are built for cruising and are generally not sporty at all.

DC4 is a much nicer car interior-wise. It's aged very well whereas the DA, despite only being one generation older, is looking very dated IMO. If you like the 'retro' look then stick to the DA but IMO the DC4 is a much better looking/feeling/reliable option. It also has better aftermarket support given that it shares a lot of common parts with the EG Civics and the Type R's. The DA only has a few interchangeable parts with some of the EF chassis to my knowledge.

DC4 > DA9.

However I'd take a DA6 over either of them any day