Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

FD Civic fuel consumption

Hi Everyone,

Didn't want to hijack another thread here about my fuel consumption but I've been hearing people getting over 400KM out of a Civic FD fuel tank... something which I have never, ever achieved since owning the car from new.

The highest I ever got was about 350KM before the light came up and I rushed to the nearest servo with one dot left on the guage.

I don't drive hard either, slow accelerations and never going past 3.5K RPM even when needing to overtake.

Doing the fuel consumption figures, I'm doing like 11.8L to 12.5L every 100KM which is pretty dismal as the Accord my parents drive does 13L with a 2.4L engine and they are doing start-stop traffic whereas I get a smooth continual flow at 70KMH for 15KM or so with only a traffic light or two.

I've found that with the AC on, it goes closer to the 13L/100KM mark.

Now to the petrol I use. I NEVER use e10 cause that gives me worse economy... like 13L+ per 100KM but fill up using 91 Unleaded, like non-e10. I've filled up at the same servo for the past 3 years as well, so I'm not mixing petrols.

What's sad? My older 2002 Corolla with over 100K on the dial does 10L every 100KM on the same driving environment. Civic has 27K KM on the dial and apparently an economical engine according to Honda...

How long do you let the fuel sit in the tank between refueling?

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    I usually get 9-10L/100km, and fill a full tank every week on v power. Stop start traffic and heavy foot.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    How long do you let the fuel sit in the tank between refueling?
    About 2 to 3 weeks. I do 100KM a week at the moment cause I train to work and only go to uni with the car twice a week.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    just so ya know, i got 7.8-8ish L/100km from the FD when i drove it.

you msut be doing really short distances, a lot of stop start driving or potating.

you also need to be using 95ron as a minimum, it says it in the owner's manual. Might be retarding timing/richening thinigs if it detects 91 to avoid knock
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTI 2007
    I find that the servo you get the fuel from makes a noticeable difference, i was getting i was getting around 350km to a tank at a local caltex but switching to bp added an extra 100kms each week

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    350 max out of a tank? No way.

New filters? I'd fill it with 98 and flog the crap out it for a while.
    Last edited by threesix; 15-03-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

For my parents crv, i get around 350kms on a tank as well and an average of 15L/100 on a short route to the station each day. A civic should be getting a lot less than the crv. Just been serviced as well. This is on 91 fuel -.-
    Is it bad to use 91?

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Filled today, did 8.7L/100km. First time the fuel light came on, filled 40L for 460km.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    your car's tuned for 95 so it's likely richening the mixture when it detects the 91 to try keep the temps down and avoid knock

i.e. yes it's bad
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

In the manual, it says 91 minimum.. but should still fill up with 95 right?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    your car's tuned for 95 so it's likely richening the mixture when it detects the 91 to try keep the temps down and avoid knock

i.e. yes it's bad
    I'll give 95 a go tonight and see how it goes. The sticker on the car says it can run e10 though... hopefully someone with a brain stuck that there and not say, Julia Gillard. LOL

P.S. I still don't get the go with the goveernment and this *need* to put in 10% of ethanol. If it was like E85, yeah I'd understand... but 10% WTF.