Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile What are the dangers of changing just springs for euro? (need advice for CU2)

Hello guys,

I'm currently questioning if i should get the eibach pro-kit since they are pretty trustworthy but , just want to ask does it actually kill the shock absorbers? and if it does how long before it actually dies??

I know you guys will say about getting coilovers but i want a smoother ride and not too firm. And also this particularly on the CU2 not the CL9.

That is why i need advice from people who are using springs on their CU2 and the thoughts on it

cheers guys

I don't want to hijack this but can someone also tell me if I need to tell insurance that I have new springs even though it's still legal height?

Apparently you can feel everything on the road the lower you go.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinator124 View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm currently questioning if i should get the eibach pro-kit since they are pretty trustworthy but , just want to ask does it actually kill the shock absorbers? and if it does how long before it actually dies??

I know you guys will say about getting coilovers but i want a smoother ride and not too firm. And also this particularly on the CU2 not the CL9.

That is why i need advice from people who are using springs on their CU2 and the thoughts on it
    cheers guys
    Eibach are known for their springs. Popular within the US crowd.
    No one will be able to correctly answer how long before it dies, too many variables. But I'm pretty sure Eibach springs meet oem standards or exceeds them.
    If you have put a descent amount of KM's on the current shocks, good idea to replace together. As its true that, the spring will cause the shock to die faster.

Good set of Monroe's would do for your need. If you ballar and want street cred, pretty sure Koni Yellow's are made for the TSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    I don't want to hijack this but can someone also tell me if I need to tell insurance that I have new springs even though it's still legal height?

Apparently you can feel everything on the road the lower you go.
    Who cares? I mean don't get me wrong. My insurance thinks my car is stock. But a claim has worked so far, she was inspected as well. (i wasn't at fault thou)

I bought King springs lows on the stock shocks. Thought i didnt care much and that it just needed lowering.

Within 4 months, I had bought Tein Street Basis coils for approx $900 bucks. never been happier. The stock shocks had been killed that quickly and ride quality was apalling
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    I bought King springs lows on the stock shocks. Thought i didnt care much and that it just needed lowering.

Within 4 months, I had bought Tein Street Basis coils for approx $900 bucks. never been happier. The stock shocks had been killed that quickly and ride quality was apalling
    So true! Coilover>Spring + Shock setup.

I've always just used coil's, Do it once. Do it right.

Monoflex for the Accords are a nice Choice.

But hey if OP anit going to the track, why waste the dollars on coils?

What do you guys think of H&R Springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Lux
    I had tiens springs on mine..the ride is pretty good..i think it just depends how you drive on the road but i do recommend that get someone to change it..

I got a friend have pedders springs on his cu2..drives like good

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

i suspect your shocks were already quite old? the shocks 'wear in' to a particular travel pattern, if they're too old they'll bust because they're not accustomed to that ride height/springrate

you're better off with aftermarket shocks and lowering it that way. That's how i had the lude dropped and it handled bootifully
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Tein Streets or Tein Comfort springs are my favourites for looking good while not sacrificing comfort.

Eibach tends to have higher spring rate so it's a little bumpy (i had eibach in my ex-S2000 as well - then went Monoflex). Shocks will handle no problems unless you're always bottoming out the shocks.

It's the amount of vibration from lowering with stiffer springs that will cause further wear and tear on other suspension components but this is if you drive harshly or lots of spirited driving. If you do this a lot then just better upgrade to coilovers and you will never regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i suspect your shocks were already quite old? the shocks 'wear in' to a particular travel pattern, if they're too old they'll bust because they're not accustomed to that ride height/springrate

you're better off with aftermarket shocks and lowering it that way. That's how i had the lude dropped and it handled bootifully
    Yes they definitely were already very old. But still, the ride quality became so awful after a matter of months just lowering it on springs- I just went straight for somewhat decent coils.
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Yes they definitely were already very old. But still, the ride quality became so awful after a matter of months just lowering it on springs- I just went straight for somewhat decent coils.
    When u mean old, how many km's did the shocks do??

cheers

At least 60,000kms. If I were you - i'd do it right the first time. ALWAYS do it right the first time. Seriously.
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU