Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cams

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Hahaha if i was swapping would have been a K for sure. Things stsndard at the moment just not sure where to start with s H. Thought id keep it there considering you dont see many of them anymore with K's being the one to go to these days

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Whats the final drive upgrade costs roughly??

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    PM neat gearbox or M factory or Extreme Project. I think there are few more vendors on here.

They all pretty close on price and offer good service.

My DC5r cost approx 900$ around about same cost as clutch change. Do both together and light fly + heavy duty clutch.

Launch like a rocket.

I still recommend a tarrbo. Guys in the states always turbo their BB6's.
    Last edited by amant02; 22-03-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Cams will give you power, especially up the top-end. But you will need accompanying modifications of course - cam shafts, valve springs and retainers are all a very good/essential idea. And to reach the full potential you need a tunable ECU and some dyno time. Either way you look at it, I think you'll be spending $4,000+ as a minimum to do this.

Therefore I agree with the final drive idea. You have enough power/displacement, the main problem is the gearing in your GBox is sh!t.

A shorter final drive and instalment should set you back around the $1,500+ mark. It's worth changing any noisy bearings while you're at it. And if you want to track the car or currently have traction issues you could consider an LSD too.

Or do what I'm doing and address all of these issues and spend a small fortune...

Newcomer Array
    Raised up in Campbelltown but live in Canberra atm.
    Car:
    Da9 Integra & CE Lancer
    Hi mate, I've done the mods on my H-serries. All I can tell you is that you need to make a decision in really what your after?

With Cams you need always retune no matter what with a ecu setup. On my Da9 I have a H setup running a 5.1 final drive with H Box. Like with everything you do it all ads up. I can tell you final drive for my 5.1, Cams Buddy Club stage one, Naptune ECU and tune easily cost me 5grand all up. Thats H22a JDM Spec.

Well this car is setup for everyday driving and track racking on some days & i hope you understand what im trying to say?...