Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cams

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol

Cams

Guys anyone got cams in there H series and what are your results. leaving my engine N/A trying to get an idea of what course to take when purchasing.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Sell it and get k series srs
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Sounds good but money wise it doesnt lol

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    H into a CRX?

Pretty sure the K swap would be costing approx the same and will give better platform for you to work on.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    H is slready in there. So buy to buy everything im starting again so hence the reason why i said money wise it isnt other wise inwould have gone K if i started from scratch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Whats it cost these days to buy a k and all requirements and get it installed into a del sol.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Since you put it like that.

The kswap would cost around say 14kish. Maybe less, maybe more. Contact one of the vendors that.

Since you can drive a H in a CRX, why don't you just go FI? Save yourself the hassle and go something sure shot.

Or How about a final drive upgrade before cams, I'm pretty sure M factory makes them for H series - 5.15. From factory the lowest H series got was 4.266. That's a whooping 20%+ish increase in the torque feel.

And still enjoy an OEM quality motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    fukin phaggots he's asking about cams for a h series not about k swapping

Op, i don't know whether the jdm h22 type s motor has more aggressive cams? might be worth checking the specs on them out, see if its much different. More than likely better to go after market though. Maybe ask some of the pro's on here via pm.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Since you put it like that.

The kswap would cost around say 14kish. Maybe less, maybe more. Contact one of the vendors that.

Since you can drive a H in a CRX, why don't you just go FI? Save yourself the hassle and go something sure shot.

Or How about a final drive upgrade before cams, I'm pretty sure M factory makes them for H series - 5.15. From factory the lowest H series got was 4.266. That's a whooping 20%+ish increase in the torque feel.

And still enjoy an OEM quality motor.
    it's 4.026
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSHN View Post
    H is slready in there. So buy to buy everything im starting again so hence the reason why i said money wise it isnt other wise inwould have gone K if i started from scratch.
    Ohhhh I thought you were swapping lol

There are some good cams on market which can give you good results, however I have only seen one prelude with cams in aus... Obviously doesn't mean you won't find them, but just a bit of insight..
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSHN View Post
    Guys anyone got cams in there H series and what are your results. leaving my engine N/A trying to get an idea of what course to take when purchasing.

Thanks
    I didn't go through the whole thread but I hope there is something helpful to you.

H series has huge potential, good luck with everything.

http://m.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=939641&page=2

I hope one of the H-series gurus chime in.
    Last edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK; 20-03-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    it's 4.026
    Even more of an increase, without even cracking open the block.