Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic

98 EK Civic Offset Help

Hi,

I've got an EK hatch soon to be on ultra low king springs with aftermarket shocks. I want to get a set of 15x8 steelies with a +10 offset on 199/55 tyres. I know very little about offsets and wheels. Any clue as to whether these will fit?

Cheers guys!

I don't think so. Stock offset for an EK4 is +45 I think (or maybe 40). If you go to a +10 offset this moves the whole tyre 30mm further out.

I have 225's on +35 rims and they won't clear the rear guards, even with some rolling (haven't tried the front). I might be able to get it all to fit with adjustable upper camber arms, as it looks like I only need about 5mm.

I would think that your 195's on +10 rims will stick out up to 10mm further than what I already have, which I can't see fitting.

Of course different tyre manufacturers do vary in tyre width, so this can go either way by a few mm.

Someone who has actually tried this combo may be able to weigh in with some actual results.

Also IMO 195 on an 8" wide rim is too narrow for the rim. It might look all cool and stretchy (if that's what you're into) but it won't sit properly. 195 is designed for a 6"-6.5" rim. Yes, you can do it (and people get away with it all the time) but it's not ideal.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    they will fit... just need lots of camber to avoid scrubbing... +25 and +0 are common specs for 15x8 so no reason why anything inbetween wont the lower u go.. the easier it will fit... springs and shocks wont cut it... look like a 4wd

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    the lower u go.. the easier it will fit
    Note that by lower in this case means higher (eg any negative offsets won't fit but +30 will. around +25-+20 will fit on rolled guards with natural camber from lowering but any more and you will need pumping of the guards.

Also, as stated, fatter tyre is better. But if u want it to fit and look all Illest stance nation 195 will be okay
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6